UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+

Reaction Score
I actually thought it would be difficult too, but I heard a few good coaches this week claim that fixing tackling is not a huge deal in a week if you focus on it. Not sure if that is some coach BS or not, but I would have thought that it took some time.
I have a hard time thinking it won't be Mora's point of focus now...

-> “I’m always very critical of myself,” Mora said Tuesday. “If they didn’t tackle well, that means I didn’t do a good job during the week of emphasizing it. If I don’t put them in a good call and it puts them in a bad position, that’s something else I look at. But ultimately when you get out on the field – great defenses tackle. Great defenses tackle, they swarm and they tackle, and we missed way too many tackles so that was probably the genesis of it all.”

“First week, usually tackling is not the best thing, but we can’t use that as an excuse, we gotta use that as just a watch film, learning situation,” linebacker Noah Plack said. “(It is) just pursuit to the ball, really, and playing together more. I feel like sometimes we kind of do our own thing a little bit, just sticking to the plan and just doing what we’ve got to do.” <-

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I saw we are 3 or 4 point underdogs in this game. I think I will put a small wager on the ML for us
I'm not much of a gambler, but the boys covering the spread last week earned me enough scratch to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket on Youtube (which I was really waffling about) and a month of ESPN+ so I can watch the GSU game :)

Think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead for now.

Reaction Score
I actually thought it would be difficult too, but I heard a few good coaches this week claim that fixing tackling is not a huge deal in a week if you focus on it. Not sure if that is some coach BS or not, but I would have thought that it took some time.
Maybe. But if that was true then all teams would be great tacklers. I suspect improvement comes only with game snaps.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just realized that this game is scheduled for 7 PM. I have a quasi-business/social thing that I can't get out of. Does anyone know how replay works on ESPN +? Can I just log on the following day? Can I just record it, via Hulu?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just realized that this game is scheduled for 7 PM. I have a quasi-business/social thing that I can't get out of. Does anyone know how replay works on ESPN +? Can I just log on the following day? Can I just record it, via Hulu?

From what I know and have experienced, the games are avaiable for replay the next day or two.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
It’s usually a little bit of both, some things are easily fixable, some stuff is coach speak. They gotta swarm to the ball, did not see that last week.

Reaction Score
I think we are little more talented than URI.. no disrespect to URI whatsoever.. I'll leave it at that.
I am not so sure. They almost made the playoffs last year and may this year. Can't find the combined rankings.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I long for the day this game isn't anything but a sure win. Hopefully, Saturday is that day.

Reaction Score
This is definitely gonna be a measurement game. As someone said, game two of a season is rarely critical. But this one is. Evenly matched teams. The result is gonna mean something. The huge challenges are later in the season this year compared to last. A game like this UConn has to win.

Reaction Score
To be fair I don’t remember the last time we put up 45 points against anyone much less an FBS team
Would be nice to see, but, unfortunately, I don't think we're ready to be that team (offensively) just yet... I see us putting up some points this weekend though.. way more than last week...

Reaction Score
I am not so sure. They almost made the playoffs last year and may this year. Can't find the combined rankings.
Massey:
UConn - 145
Georgia State - 94
Rhode Island - 171

Sagarin:
UConn - 124
Georgia State - 108
Rhode Island - 165

RPI:
UConn - 116
Georgia State - 82
Rhode Island - 161

Massey is pretty good for basketball...

Reaction Score
That resembled a hostage video.

He did not make eye contact with the interviewer one single time.

I agree ... someone who's been a big positive advocate and champion/program seller .... the change in vibe is noticeable since NC State crowd comments on fans being on the concourse being reason seats look empty ... plus factor in people leaving/checking out during injury break during a primetime game for one of the biggest games in program history doesn't scream future fan support... all after the nutsack kick from Yormark that he's probably dealing with recruit fallout over... well I dunno maybe I'm over reading...

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Would be nice to see, but, unfortunately, I don't think we're ready to be that team (offensively) just yet... I see us putting up some points this weekend though.. way more than last week...
Yea I took the under in this one lol

Reaction Score
I agree ... someone who's been a big positive advocate and champion/program seller .... the change in vibe is noticeable since NC State crowd comments on fans being on the concourse being reason seats look empty ... plus factor in people leaving/checking out during injury break during a primetime game for one of the biggest games in program history doesn't scream future fan support... all after the nutsack kick from Yormark that he's probably dealing with recruit fallout over... well I dunno maybe I'm over reading...

That IS a lot of reading into for a 40-second clip, Forte.

I don't think he's all that disappointed in the crowd - we did get somewhere over 30K in the stadium no matter where they were. Highest attendance in years. He said in his presser he felt like he let the crowd down because his team lost the game. Probably feels like it was a missed opportunity. But.....it's only the first game. Lots of time to continue to improve and win some big games.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That resembled a hostage video.

He did not make eye contact with the interviewer one single time.
Making the head coach talk to some random student is ridiculous. Just set her up with an assistant or random player if you wanna pump out content.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom