UConn freshman Stephon Castle expected to soon declare for NBA Draft: 'What a lottery pick looks like' | The Boneyard

UConn freshman Stephon Castle expected to soon declare for NBA Draft: 'What a lottery pick looks like'

Reaction Score

Or should he listen to the facebook couch potato scouts and stay tO dEvELoP?

He will represent UConn well and hopefully find time to come back and watch UCONN get number 7 next April with the other Husky legends of honor.

Reaction Score
Almost forgot he hasn’t officially declared yet.

Who will be the first boomer to say he needs to come back to work on his 3-point shooting?

He can work on it 24x7. Take the money!!! Imagine WHEN he is a 40% 3PT shooter.

Reaction Score

Who will be the first boomer to say he needs to come back to work on his 3-point shooting?
Agreed. It should be a foregone conclusion.

The funny thing about people saying that guys like Stephon (and Donovan) should come back is those are some of the same people that then say "too many kids today go to college and have useless majors. They'd be better off going to trade school and getting a real job sooner." That's what guys like Stephon do. They get some trade training, show their talent to employers and fly out of the nest for a successful career.

Good luck Stephon!

Poe

Reaction Score
I had my doubts he’d be a lottery pick early in the season after coming back from the injury. He showed some flashes of ability but I thought he’d be like a lot of 5 stars that simply aren’t one and done lottery picks.

The kid simply took off and his all around game was a joy to watch. BE FOY more times than Melo, a key piece of a stacked championship team as a freshman, defensive nightmare for opposing teams, and an excellent teammate and person.

Lucky to have had him. Looking forward to following a hopefully long NBA career.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing him continue his development in the NBA, I just hope he goes to a team known for developing young players. Some teams chew them up and spit them out.
We’ve been quite fortunate with how mature Castle was and also Karaban when he came in. High IQ and high drive players.

Reaction Score
I never met Mr. And Mrs. Castle, but it appears to me that this decision was not as obvious as we thought it was. We see basketball and money issues, whereas the Castle’s see their child. It’s not just about the 2 hours before and after games, but the remaining 22 hours of the day, particularly on the road. We simply don’t know this kid well enough to know how he would handle that. His parents do. I am not saying he is staying, only saying it wasn’t the done deal we thought it was.

Reaction Score
He is as much a special person as he is an athlete. To completely buy in and put the team first, not relying on his stats, is beyond rare. There aren’t many like him. Can’t wait to cheer for Stephon for many years in the league!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Some former players have in the past, but I would really like to see Steph come back to walk in graduation.

Reaction Score
Yeah well, how many Cy Young's did Cy Young win?

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom