UConn Foundation Raised Record $$ Amount | The Boneyard

UConn Foundation Raised Record $$ Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A UConn foundation rep took me out to lunch last month. Contacted me out of the blue. I assumed she would be asking for money so I told her prior to the meeting that I had little to donate. She said the point of the meeting wasn't to ask for money but to connect with younger alumni before they were too far removed from school. She asked about my career and helped connect me with alumni in my field. Then she picked up the tab at Panera.

I guess this is the long play.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If my math is right that's a 33% increase in a year. Really terrific - let's keep raising the bar.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
They called me the day after we played Florida @ Gampel. Needless to say I was in a very good mood. Definitely got me at the right time.

Reaction Score
The new fundraiser is likely making a positive difference, but all schools winning hoops or football championships always see a resulting fundraising spike. No doubt that includes beating UK this year.

Reaction Score
The new fundraiser is likely making a positive difference, but all schools winning hoops or football championships always see a resulting fundraising spike. No doubt that includes beating UK this year.

the article posted below points out that last year was record fund raising for UConn beating out any of the previous national championship years. This years additional 17 million crushes any previous fund raising amount.

This is a good sign. the numbers should continue to climb with a large amount of graduates from the 90s and first decade of the 2000s starting to make good money and hopefully some creating great wealth for themselves that they are willing to share. the steady increase in enrollment should yield a greater amount of donations and some large gifts over the next couple of decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom