UConn Football Season-Ticket Sales Down Sharply From Last Season | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season-Ticket Sales Down Sharply From Last Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I was 26 in 2003. not married, no kids, a fair amount of free time, and disposable income. In 2011, I'd been married two years, had a house (i.e. less free time), and my wife had just gotten pregnant. Now, I am balancing Saturdays in East Hartford, with youth soccer, fall yard work, and any other activity, (including for my youngest, who is going on 3 years old) that may interfere with what was once a no-brainer mindless day of college football.

From 2011 through last year, the culmination of circumstances (Conference, pathetic record, curious hiring, etc.), and perception thereof, has prevented UConn from backfilling the slot once occupied by my former single self with other single football fans who, in 8 years time, would get married, buy a house, and have children and also need the slot occupied by their former single selves to be backfilled.

You make valid points, but my argument is that there's a USF alum, WVU alum or a Memphis alum or a [Insert College] alum going through the exact same rationalization. Which way one tends to lean (renew or not renew) is most-likely dependent on the product on the field.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You make valid points, but my argument is that there's a USF alum, WVU alum or a Memphis alum or a [Insert College] alum going through the exact same rationalization. Which way one tends to lean (renew or not renew) is most-likely dependent on the product on the field.
Which is included in the "etc." of my parenthetical in the first line of the second graph. :D

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

The economy and poor play have a lot to do with it. I also think some younger people are not into football as some of us older folks, just a thought

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, a 40K/50K football stadium in Storrs was never going to fly due to traffic and the locals would bring the pitchforks out before ever allowing to happen. So, E Hartford was not a bad choice, especially with the 'free' land donated by P&W as it has it has good highway access. Now, the decision by the State to re-build parts of I-84 over the next 100 or so years is a problem for folks coming from the southwestern part of the State is a problem...

The locals should never have been allowed to "not allow that to happen".

Reaction Score
Holy crap. Didn't know it was that bad. How do you live like that?? I live east of Hartford, drive to new haven every day but leave by 6:30 and home either 8 PM or early afternoon so have never really dealt with rush hour commute. I'd be pulling my hair out

For Rent games, east of Hartford is a lot easier as you can take back roads like US 5 to avoid the primary jam at the I/84 & Rte 2 interchange right before the river. The only other real bad stretch is way east at the Mass Pike/I-90 and I-84 interchange just over the state line in Mass.

As for hair, I have no idea what that is...

Reaction Score
Buying season tickets at this point is literally just a large cash donation to the program and should be looked at as such, and is for people who have that kind of money to donate.

I could go to every game and sit in good seats from the secondary market for maybe $15 per person if that, and I don't need to worry if I can't make a game since I haven't pre paid good money for a full sheet of tickets barely worth the paper they're printed on.

This is the reality until / unless they stop making excuses and whining and win some goshdarn football games. And that's ultimately why I didn't renew this year after holding season tickets the last few seasons. It seems the AD from Benedict on down is more concerned with guilting people into paying for overpriced tickets than they are about putting their heads down and making measurable progress on the field this year

Here's a realistic goal for tonight: cover the spread. Forget winning the game, just focus on losing by less than 24

Reaction Score
Here's a realistic goal for tonight: cover the spread. Forget winning the game, just focus on losing by less than 24
Don’t worry, they’ll cover. But (as my pick for Pac-12 coach of the year once said) “you play to win the game, hello?!”

Reaction Score
Don’t worry, they’ll cover. But (as my pick for Pac-12 coach of the year once said) “you play to win the game, hello?!”
Hey that'd be wonderful, just trying to convey how low my expectations are at this point for baby steps forward

Reaction Score
If they keep increasing out of state enrollment there will be less alum in the state to purchase season tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom