UConn Football Coach T.J. Weist: You Will See Changes | The Boneyard

UConn Football Coach T.J. Weist: You Will See Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loss of Bullock puts us in a tough position.

That's an understatement!

Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 10:57am via WordPress.com
Change coming to UConn on.sny.tv/19mQKNa

NHRJimFuller 12:00pm via TweetDeck
At request of #UConn players, music now plays at the start of football practice under interim coach T.J. Weist Post original url/19ZklYb

Good reads...

>>When asked about other young players who could see bigger roles now that he is calling the shots, he mentioned freshman wide receivers Brian Lemelle and Dhameer Bradley and offensive guard Tyler Samra, who moves up in the rotation following the suspension of Tyler Bullock.<<

Reaction Score
>>When asked about other young players who could see bigger roles now that he is calling the shots, he mentioned freshman wide receivers Brian Lemelle and Dhameer Bradley and offensive guard Tyler Samra, who moves up in the rotation following the suspension of Tyler Bullock.<<

Interesting, based on what I saw, UConn's WR play, especially before injuries, was one of the team strenghts. Can't fault them for OL issues and a QB who can't progress past his first read. Hopefully, Boyle will make them better and vise versa.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

“@DWilcz: "With change comes opportunity". @UConnHuskies fans - follow @UConnFootball Interim Head Coach @CoachTJWeist! http://twitter.com/DWilcz/status/386242861148434432/photo/1”

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Looking forward to next Saturday!

Same here, FDNY.

Good part is we'll know if things have really changed just by seeing the first offensive plays from scrimmage. If we see Lyle up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs we'll immediately know it's Groundhog Day all over again.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So excited for a morning tailgate and a new dawn! Dracula has been slayed, a new optimism at the Rent. Players left in the lurch will at least get a shot or some PT.
Use the off week well, fellas

Reaction Score
No double reverses! Son of a biscuit I'm not going. The no music at practice thing prior to now shows how small things can add up to morale problems. This may be a hint at why we lacked energy on our side of the field during games. I like the new approach that TJ is bringing. His comments on the radio today about QB's and how it isn't the height that matters (admitting it could help vsion) but the decision making with the ball. Not alot of dated football speak, he cuts to the chase. I hope the players respond to the new chief.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No double reverses! Son of a biscuit I'm not going. The no music at practice thing prior to now shows how small things can add up to morale problems. This may be a hint at why we lacked energy on our side of the field during games. I like the new approach that TJ is bringing. His comments on the radio today about QB's and how it isn't the height that matters (admitting it could help vsion) but the decision making with the ball. Not alot of dated football speak, he cuts to the chase. I hope the players respond to the new chief.

I agree about the reverses. Like the play but not 3-4 x's a game! That being said, I want the ball in Deshon Foxx's hands more. The young man has playmaking speed that is rare on this team.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I agree about the reverses. Like the play but not 3-4 x's a game! That being said, I want the ball in Deshon Foxx's hands more. The young man has playmaking speed that is rare on this team.

Agree: that is SEC exciting. More please

Reaction Score
Also think that at some point there has to be at least another coach brought in. Going this short handed for a game or 2 is ok...but not for 8 games.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Also think that at some point there has to be at least another coach brought in. Going this short handed for a game or 2 is ok...but not for 8 games.

Agreed and I'm a little disappointed that TJ hasn't contacted a single BY'er. This place is the Monster.com of UConn Football experts!

Reaction Score
I agree about the reverses. Like the play but not 3-4 x's a game! That being said, I want the ball in Deshon Foxx's hands more. The young man has playmaking speed that is rare on this team.[/quote

Was trying to be funny Lurker. In the courant article TJ mentions them in reference to changes that will occur. Against Buffalo the 3rd jet sweep to the short side was a real bad play call. Hope we can get the ball to Foxx in situations like Austin at WVU, one on one in space.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My biggest question on the number of coaches we have at the moment is who will be in the booth for our offense? TJ is now on the sidelines. Foley will need to be working with the linemen in game. Day will need to work with the (true frosh) QB in game. Out WR coach is now our head coach, we no longer have a TE coach and our RB coach is far from being experienced, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

If we can land some veteran to work as an offensive assistant, mostly to be our offense's eye in the sky during games we should have enough to make it through the season. Ideally we would like to be fully staffed but we should have enough to cover most critical areas with what we have remaining.

Reaction Score
Wait, you mean you're supposed to make adjustments at halftime? Really? Wow! Who da thunk it!

Reaction Score
Agreed and I'm a little disappointed that TJ hasn't contacted a single BY'er. This place is the Monster.com of UConn Football experts!
Yeah but we would just piss and moan about the chosen one from the BY being the wrong one. Maybe we should ask if the winner of the Bone Yard has Talent competition could help out or be an honorary coach for a couple of weekends. Go Huskies

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah but we would just piss and moan about the chosen one from the BY being the wrong one. Maybe we should ask if the winner of the Bone Yard has Talent competition could help out or be an honorary coach for a couple of weekends. Go Huskies

We may have to come up with a new name because during my extensive internet research I seem to remember a Bone Yard Has Talent documentary from Vivid Video.

Probably a good idea to stay away from the words: husky, dog, end around, facemask, hitting the hole at full speed, horse collar, 3 hole, gang tackle, pounding fullback, hail mary, Marv Levy and under center, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom