UConn football coach Jim Mora’s 1,700-day exile has ended, he’s back in his element and could not be happier (Amore @ Courant) | The Boneyard

UConn football coach Jim Mora’s 1,700-day exile has ended, he’s back in his element and could not be happier (Amore @ Courant)

Reaction Score
Didn't know Jim had remarried. Knew he was separated (Wikipedia), but he kept the divorce and new marriage secret (as he should).

The new marriage seems to work well for him. He seems happy and totally recharged.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Purvis will appear as a guest on Jared Kotler’s CT Scoreboard Podcast, to drop this week, and it sounds like it will be a must-listen for those still trying to figure out what went wrong with the program so soon after a championship.

Kind of cool @gwhuskyfan got a shoutout.

Reaction Score
This is the honeymoon period for Mora and UConn. Remember how the press fawned over red pants? The difference being Mora has a history of demonstrated results.
True statement. I am in wait and see mode, but his track record and what I have seen to date makes me hopeful Mora’s tenure will turn out better that Diaco’s tenure.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Well, that and the fact that he doesn’t appear to be clinically insane.
We all called him crazy when he said our media contract needed to have games broadcast on Nickelodeon but look what the nfl is doing now. Diaco was a visionary

/s he was insane and in way over his head

Reaction Score
I have no provable evidence other than third-hand rumors...but I have heard Nick Charlton is the Head Coach In-Waiting after Mora has his (hopefully long) run as the Top Guy.

If that were the case, that would be great news. We'll see soon enough, but I think NC is crazy intelligent and capable.

Reaction Score
I have no provable evidence other than third-hand rumors...but I have heard Nick Charlton is the Head Coach In-Waiting after Mora has his (hopefully long) run as the Top Guy.

If that were the case, that would be great news. We'll see soon enough, but I think NC is crazy intelligent and capable.

That sounds nice and I like what I see so far but why would we make such a big commitment to someone totally unproven at this level? That does not sound credible.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I don't see that. If UConn has any success, Charlton is leaving for another P5 OC job or another lower level head coaching job. And Mora isn't retiring anytime soon. He may come back to coach in the future. But there is no way he is a coach in waiting.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't see that. If UConn has any success, Charlton is leaving for another P5 OC job or another lower level head coaching job. And Mora isn't retiring anytime soon. He may come back to coach in the future. But there is no way he is a coach in waiting.
We are a stepping stone school for coaches. There isn't a coach in the country who would take an OC position and be a "coach in waiting" at UConn. I hope Charlton is the real deal and he turns our offense around. As you said, if he does that in a couple years, he's headed for a P5 school as an OC or a HC at another school.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
We are a stepping stone school for coaches. There isn't a coach in the country who would take an OC position and be a "coach in waiting" at UConn. I hope Charlton is the real deal and he turns our offense around. As you said, if he does that in a couple years, he's headed for a P5 school as an OC or a HC at another school.
Maybe we’re heading to a P5 conference in the foreseeable future? Then, it makes sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom