UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23)

Reaction Score
Happy Holiday Season Boneyard!! When are we going to get some offensive players? We had a horrible offensive team this past year, and I don't see any improvement from last year!! The OC Charlton brought nothing to the table and I'm afraid that players in the portal have no interest in his play book. We need speed and play makers and I don't see any so far. Not liking this so far!!

Reaction Score
I went to UCONN Husky Roster from last year. If you sort by class we have 41 Freshman and RS Freshmen.

I’m sure that there are PFW’s and kids that will transfer, but that’s a lot. I watched every game and I don’t remember seeing those names.

Progress is going to depend on how well we recruited last year. How much progress they make in off season .That’s half the team.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You know it's pretty embarrassing when you crow over getting 3 star recruits, when all the programs your chasing are stockpiling 4 and 5 star recruits. It also appears that only 1 Connecticut high school recruit committed to the UConn football program. I understand that you have to crawl before you walk, but the football program has been crawling for many years, with little to show for their efforts.
It is what it is.
What....are you new here? LOL. Thanks for pointing out the current state of UConn football.
We should crow over getting a 3-star recruit that shows promise. We won't get the 4 and 5 star recruits until we have winning seasons in the books and start making UConn football something other than "UConn plays football?" Don't dump on somebody for showing any optimism at this point. Geez.

Reaction Score
These recruiting services are far from balanced or accurate. First UConn does not have a person at 247 that covers the team. Many of the new recruits are not recorded or given a graded score. We are generally forgotten in the process as an after thought. Don't go by these services for a fair assessment.

Reaction Score
These recruiting services are far from balanced or accurate. First UConn does not have a person at 247 that covers the team. Many of the new recruits are not recorded or given a graded score. We are generally forgotten in the process as an after thought. Don't go by these services for a fair assessment.
I go by the results on the field. They ain't been good!

Reaction Score
An excellent college QB can turn a team pretty quickly. Let’s hope we hit with our Texas friend and let’s hope OC charlatan doesn’t ruin him.
I heard good thing about McDonald. Maybe pushed Turner out.

I thought that Roberson improved. We are depleted at WR. Need at least one more to compliment Ross.

Reaction Score
I think Ross is a legit first or second option. He just looks the part to me. We need a QB that can make the long throws. It will change everything if we are a legit threat down field. We also need additional capable receivers. Covering option one is a lot easier when options 2, 3 and 4 are easy to cover.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I think Ross is a legit first or second option. He just looks the part to me. We need a QB that can make the long throws. It will change everything if we are a legit threat down field. We also need additional capable receivers. Covering option one is a lot easier when options 2, 3 and 4 are easy to cover.
Yes, yes, and yes! As much as we're looking to Welliver to improve the passing game, we need more bona fide deep targets.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a great route runner and he really seems to have lost a step compared to his time before injuries. Maybe that last part can improve but not sure about the first part. This season will tell. Either way we need all sorts of pass catcher upgrades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom