UConn Football and JMU schedule Home & Home (2023/2026) | The Boneyard

UConn Football and JMU schedule Home & Home (2023/2026)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I know that there is not much we can do and we take what we can get right now for short term scheduling. But finishing the 2023 season with a 3 game lineup in November of James Madison, Sacred Heart, and UMass...man that's tough--feels like we should get a FCS trophy if we can run the table. But look at the bright side I guess...make a late run at our fist bowl game in forever and finish the season with momentum I guess. :confused:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, ODU and JMU.

I have always said Hampton Roads / Tidewater should be the natural southern end of UConn's recruiting. Plenty of talent in Hampton, Va Beach, Chesapeake and Norfolk to recruit. Harrisonburg isn't exactly a recruiting mecca or metro center but it keeps UConn in the news in Virginia and gives players from that area another chance to play closer to home.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that recruiting has much to do with this. A bit maybe, but I’d guess geography and competitiveness is more of a factor. We seem to be trying to play mostly east coast teams with a heavy ACC emphasis for our P5 games. We do play 2 MW teams a year, it seems but other than that east coast is emphasized.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm good with the series....just continue to hold my breath we can nail down two more P5 series (four more games) to round out the middle of this decade. Would really love to see two of; Rutty, Pitt, UVA, NW, or GT. UVA, NW and GT in particular seem like good matches for both parties.

I realize all the CRA matters and serious talk of reduce OOC schedules has probably put draft agreements on hold.

Elsewhere, I would love to see us somehow convince UCF to do another series for old time sake. Notice I didn't call them P5...I just cant.

I don't mind these Mountain West games....they can set up another one, thats fine.

Reaction Score
I know that there is not much we can do and we take what we can get right now for short term scheduling. But finishing the 2023 season with a 3 game lineup in November of James Madison, Sacred Heart, and UMass...man that's tough--feels like we should get a FCS trophy if we can run the table. But look at the bright side I guess...make a late run at our fist bowl game in forever and finish the season with momentum I guess. :confused:

The schedule has 4 P5 games, two at home, plus home games against Utah State and USF, and the road games are BC, UMass, JMU, Tennessee, GSU, and Rice. That's a competitive schedule with very manageable schedule. Complaining about the last three games not being super exciting when they're following BC and Tennessee feels like nitpicking for the purpose of nitpicking.

Reaction Score
Just from a competitive standpoint, we're not in a position at all yet where we can stack the schedule with P5-level schools, so I'm good for now with a JMU and Old Dominion 1-in-1 to fill in the gaps in the upcoming seasons. As long as we keep a balance of everything - P5s, non-P5 quality programs, local rivals, other indys, 1 FCS game/year, etc. All things considered, our future schedules are filling out relatively well.

Reaction Score
I realize beggars can’t be choosers, but yuck. Scheduling JMU, ODU and Sacred Heart is not the road to success. Quality scheduling helps bring quality recruits and fill seats. This doesn’t help.

Reaction Score
I realize beggars can’t be choosers, but yuck. Scheduling JMU, ODU and Sacred Heart is not the road to success. Quality scheduling helps bring quality recruits and fill seats. This doesn’t help.
I have no issue with JMU or ODU. Both are pretty good and in fertile recruiting areas. We have have quite a few games against ACC teams and others scheduled. I don’t like the Sacred Heart. I feel it is a waste of a valuable home game in an environment where we need to sell tickets and excite fans.

Reaction Score
Well we do play Duke, NC State, Boston College and Tennessee. Plus Utah State, and USF, too so it isn’t like we only have those 3 on the schedule. And they really ought to try to make UMass a rivalry game. The goal needs to be to play an interesting schedule, but one where we can start putting winning seasons together.

Reaction Score
It's good insurance as we can always break the deal/push games into other seasons, so not set in stone really.

Reaction Score
Another measure for how far we have fallen. A rivalry game at Mcquirk Stadium.

Reaction Score
I think he’s referring to that you put FCS and not FBS as your clarity.
I know what he was referring to… I should have stopped @ Sun Belt Conference. I went back and added FCS when knowingly it was FBS.

Reaction Score
I have no issue with JMU or ODU. Both are pretty good and in fertile recruiting areas. We have have quite a few games against ACC teams and others scheduled. I don’t like the Sacred Heart. I feel it is a waste of a valuable home game in an environment where we need to sell tickets and excite fans.
If we're going to play an FCS buy game every year there are probably 10 better options for that game. CCSU keeps the money between state public schools, obviously Yale is a historic rivalry, URI/UNH/Maine are local state flagships with a long history of matchups, Nova/Georgetown are Big East foes. Sacred Heart does nothing for me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom