UConn football’s instant turnaround under Jim Mora: How did Huskies get to bowl (Chris Vannini@The Athletic) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn football’s instant turnaround under Jim Mora: How did Huskies get to bowl (Chris Vannini@The Athletic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow.. all this just got me thinking about what happened after 2014.. we should have been the anchor of the aac… instead we were a dumpster fire…. Then we get out of the aac … and our mens basketball team is back to being the beast in the east..and our football program is treading up… the people in the aac have got to be shaking they heads

Reaction Score
There is no defending him if that is true though as if he quit because of that you resign or retire and don’t to what he did which is sign another contract with said school and quit while under contract.
He was early to the quiet quitting campaign.

Reaction Score
What's DiMauro's deal? Did he apply for a UConn job and get rejected? The guy spends too much of his time obsessing about UConn athletics just to get Uconn fans to react to him. I'm guessing its because of how pathetic BC sports have become but the guy acts like someone pissed in his cheerios.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple actually. Pandemic. Faculty went to remote teaching. Coaches are part of that union. Edsall went virtual.
As I think about this more, I think the explanation is that there were no formal football practices from mid March 2020 with maybe 2 weeks of practice in July/August 2020 until the season was cancelled. In the fall, kids at UConn could take classes either in person or virtually and live at home. If I remember correctly, UConn sports teams in the fall of 2020 were not allowed to practice together as teams, but they could work out in small groups which made up your close contacts. So, the team was basically adrift during what would have been the 2020 football season. And, a lot of football recruiting was done virtually with Zoom calls.

Reaction Score
Not an apologista, but i think it would probably be instructive to figure out how much/if Edsall was being paid, during this downtime. If his pay went down, i wouldn't slight quite as much for packing up, but that timeframe seems wildly excessive, either way.
He cancelled the season and continued to collect his full paycheck specifically because he knew it would be bad PR to fire him for cancelling the season over COVID and also because he knew they struggle to replace him the next season. Bought himself an extra two years of salary by doing it. The guy is scum. It wasn't so much that he wanted to destroy the program so much as he just didn't care at all what happened to it, and he wasn't going to put in an effort to improve it.

Reaction Score
What's DiMauro's deal? Did he apply for a UConn job and get rejected? The guy spends too much of his time obsessing about UConn athletics just to get Uconn fans to react to him. I'm guessing its because of how pathetic BC sports have become but the guy acts like someone pissed in his cheerios.

He's a no-talent hack who writes for a middling paper in a dying industry. He'll just do whatever it takes to get people to look at him.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
He’s a deeply pathetic husk of a man. If that’s his son in his Twitter pic, I feel bad that he’s growing up with Mike as a role model

Reaction Score
As I think about this more, I think the explanation is that there were no formal football practices from mid March 2020 with maybe 2 weeks of practice in July/August 2020 until the season was cancelled. In the fall, kids at UConn could take classes either in person or virtually and live at home. If I remember correctly, UConn sports teams in the fall of 2020 were not allowed to practice together as teams, but they could work out in small groups which made up your close contacts. So, the team was basically adrift during what would have been the 2020 football season. And, a lot of football recruiting was done virtually with Zoom calls.
I was lead to believe they were getting bigger stronger and faster to prepare to be a more mature and improved team in 2021. He was a coward for canceling the season.

Reaction Score
After reading this stuff about Edsall, it makes it incredibly hard to even appreciate what he did his first tenure here. This is pathetic.

We are so lucky to have Mora now.
More evidence for the Mirror Universe Evil Doppelgänger of Randy Edsall theory continues to accrue.

Reaction Score
Seriously he is scum. I sent him an email asking if he's doing a column were he calls Mora a liar. He said he's investigating it.
Maybe ask him if he’s writing a piece on the bang up job BC is doing across the athletic spectrum. Their entire sports program went AWOL a decade ago

Reaction Score
I do think some or all of that is accurate. The campus was effectively shut down for some of that time.

On canceling the 2020 season, that is a decision that is worse in hindsight than it was at the time. Remember, we were not in a conference. At the time the decision was made, several conferences had already cancelled their seasons, causing us to lose games, and several others had cancelled all non-conference games. Most FCS leagues had shut down too. The end result was we lost almost all of our schedule with very little hope of putting something together and we’re following the lead of the Big 10 and Pac12 and a couple of others. Plus it was our first Independent season, so putting together other Indy games was likely tougher. Now, what happened late in the season was leagues that had shut down decided the could safely play. But still limited games to intra-league. So everyone had a readymade schedule. We did not. And I think it is still a questionable call to have done what UMass did and play 3 games all on the road and for all intents and purposes made up on the fly. I suppose they did beat us the next year, but we were without some key players and our head coach due to Covid. Not sure it proves anything. Finally, although Edsall was the face of the decision, I don’t for a minute think it was made by Edsall. That was likely made at the University administration level as it was at the Big and PAC.

Reaction Score
He cancelled the season and continued to collect his full paycheck specifically because he knew it would be bad PR to fire him for cancelling the season over COVID and also because he knew they struggle to replace him the next season. Bought himself an extra two years of salary by doing it. The guy is scum. It wasn't so much that he wanted to destroy the program so much as he just didn't care at all what happened to it, and he wasn't going to put in an effort to improve it.
8 months in Florida? He is a narcissist.

Reaction Score
Dimauro is an A Z Z. What a jealous m f e r .

He is calling Mora a liar. He is calling the players liars. Watch this escalate.
He's an actual POS. I'm sure he got bullied a lot and he probably deserved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits