UConn Flavor of US Olympic Team | The Boneyard

UConn Flavor of US Olympic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let me keep it concise: We have Diana, and they don't. We also have Sue, Maya, Tina, and Stewie, all arguably the best in the world at their positions and proven winners. 13 NCAA championships among those 5.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Last night's game vs. France had 4 UConners (not Stewie) and one Delaware Hen as starters.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd like to see them on the floor together, at least for a few minutes. Would be a great nod to Geno.
4 of the five ( Maya, Tina, DT, & Sue) started with EDD in the game against France last night and they were all spectacular at different times.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Tamika will start with those 4.Imo she should start with them. I assume because they played at Delaware EDD got the start last night. Tamika , Sue and Dee all deserve it with the best players in the Western and Eastern Conf Maya and Tina!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno's modesty about UConn's contributions to the sport has always been so becoming. ;)

"I think back to the last 20 years in college basketball, and you think about the absolute biggest names who have had the biggest impact in all of college basketball, and most of them came through Connecticut," he said on Thursday. Several team members went to UConn, including Breanna Stewart ('16), Sue Bird ('02), Tina Charles ('10), Maya Moore ('11) and Diana Taurasi ('04).

Team USA is like a reunion for UConn women’s basketball grads

No wonder recruiting is getting so tough! :rolleyes:

We'd do better if he wasn't hiding so many UConn players' accomplishments under a blanket.

Reaction Score
UConn's contribution to the USA WBB Olympic team is exemplary. But let's not ignore that Nebraska has 3 alums on the Olympic Women's Volleyball team: Jordan Larson, Kayla Banwarth and Kelsey Robinson. Some schools just do it better over a long time.

Reaction Score
UConn's contribution to the USA WBB Olympic team is exemplary. But let's not ignore that Nebraska has 3 alums on the Olympic Women's Volleyball team: Jordan Larson, Kayla Banwarth and Kelsey Robinson. Some schools just do it better over a long time.
Penn State also has an excellent women's volleyball program I think. Wonder if they have any former players on the Olympic team. If so that's quite a lot of B1G representation.

Reaction Score
Penn State also has an excellent women's volleyball program I think. Wonder if they have any former players on the Olympic team. If so that's quite a lot of B1G representation.

Yes, Crista Dietzen nee Harmotto and Alisha Glass (2), plus Nicole Fawcett an alternate, so 3 total.

Reaction Score
New Olympic WBB article with Geno/DT video...

"With most teams, if you want to discern any potential weak spots, you look at their recent losses. You see if anything in particular caused the team trouble, and whether it's a pattern.
But...there is very little data to analyze in regard to the Americans losing....because they've lost only one game in two decades, and that was 10 years ago."

U.S. women taking nothing for granted in Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman