UConn EYBL 2024 Recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn EYBL 2024 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know where Rutty stands in the Harper chase? A world where SUNJ lands 2 of the top 5 kids is somehow possible. With an experienced Griffiths as a top notch tertiary player…sheesh

Orc

Reaction Score
Anyone know where Rutty stands in the Harper chase? A world where SUNJ lands 2 of the top 5 kids is somehow possible. With an experienced Griffiths as a top notch tertiary player…sheesh

But theyre Rutgers

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
He played vs Stewart this year and had a really nice game. I can't seem to find it any more on youtube. I'm not sure quite where he would fit in our system... an undersized 5, but not really skilled enough to be a 4. He would fit more of the Johnson/Akok mold but he has more bulk. I thought we'd moved away from that a bit in our recruiting. I remember a big body with a little bit of skill around the rim. Will be nice to watch him more this summer and get a better sense of what he can do.
His game reminds me a bit of Trace Jackson-David from Indiana

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
He played vs Stewart this year and had a really nice game. I can't seem to find it any more on youtube. I'm not sure quite where he would fit in our system... an undersized 5, but not really skilled enough to be a 4. He would fit more of the Johnson/Akok mold but he has more bulk. I thought we'd moved away from that a bit in our recruiting. I remember a big body with a little bit of skill around the rim. Will be nice to watch him more this summer and get a better sense of what he can do.

Reaction Score
I'm watching Cofie now. He reminds me of Richie Springs. Has that kind of upright, stiff athleticism and is a tweener in the same way. Probably bigger/stronger at the same stage. Looks to have decent touch and footwork at the rim.

Plays inside out. Long arms. Looks strong.

Reaction Score
I'm watching Cofie now. He reminds me of Richie Springs. Has that kind of upright, stiff athleticism and is a tweener in the same way. Probably bigger/stronger at the same stage. Looks to have decent touch and footwork at the rim.

Plays inside out. Long arms. Looks strong.
You got a link for the games? I tried to watch earlier but the link was broken.

Reaction Score
Here's what I love about this thread.

Yes, we couldn't have won the 2023 championship without Newton, Alleyne, Joey C and Diarra.

That being said, the foundation of our championship program was homegrown players: Sanogo, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, Clingan, Hendry...

UConn has been very selective in who they've let publicly know who we were targeting in the portal, but it was clear from our early targets that we were looking for a player that fit a specific need: a shooter.

Yes, in the pre-NIL world, Timberlake would have been a Husky, but it is what it is.

That being said, I like how UConn recruiting is rebounding after taking the moneybag L in Timberlake: do what you do best, build our relationship with the '24 targets we are really honing in on.

The '23 class looks phenomenal. Literally a handful of teams can flaunt a better HS class than UConn.

The '24 class has potential to be an exciting foundational building block for us too.

#keepgrindin'

1682177239193.png

Reaction Score

Probably missing a few here, but guys UConn has been connected to. Wefe

6 - Boogie Fland
52 - Tyler Betsey
61 - Drew McKenna
91 - Jacob Cofie
UR - Isaiah Abraham

Reaction Score

Probably missing a few here, but guys UConn has been connected to. Wefe

6 - Boogie Fland
52 - Tyler Betsey
61 - Drew McKenna
91 - Jacob Cofie
UR - Isaiah Abraham

Ahmad Nowell as well. We offered a couple months ago IIRC. Watched him yesterday.

I should add... the kid put up 25 on 75% shooting with 5 assists. He's really friggen good. Fland has looked bland (lol) in both games so far. Wouldn't be against prioritizing Nowell.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Luke and Kimani in the house for Cofie. Will be interesting to see if we offer.

Counted a couple blocks so far. Definitely someone who will need to play the 5 at this point. But seems comfortable pivoting and passing on the perimeter.

Strong offensive rebounder.

Handles are not good enough to play the perimeter consistently. More of a pivot and pass guy.

Just hit a nice stepback 3.

Drawing a bunch of fouls rolling to the rim and on offensive boards. Strong. Good foul shooter today. Stroke doesn't look excellent, but if it falls it falls.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here's what I love about this thread.

Yes, we couldn't have won the 2023 championship without Newton, Alleyne, Joey C and Diarra.

That being said, the foundation of our championship program was homegrown players: Sanogo, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, Clingan, Hendry...

UConn has been very selective in who they've let publicly know who we were targeting in the portal, but it was clear from our early targets that we were looking for a player that fit a specific need: a shooter.

Yes, in the pre-NIL world, Timberlake would have been a Husky, but it is what it is.

That being said, I like how UConn recruiting is rebounding after taking the moneybag L in Timberlake: do what you do best, build our relationship with the '24 targets we are really honing in on.

The '23 class looks phenomenal. Literally a handful of teams can flaunt a better HS class than UConn.

The '24 class has potential to be an exciting foundational building block for us too.

#keepgrindin'

View attachment 87710
Gave you a like for the shout out to Hendry.

Reaction Score
Any idea who we were watching at The Skill Factory v. Team Durant? No familiar names on the roster that I can see.

Also: Kimani and Dan currently watching Ahmad Nowell on court 4

Reaction Score

4. Five-star SG Meleek Thomas – NH LIghtning 17u​

Meleek Thomas plays with a certain amount of electricity that is both exciting and productive. He is a very good point-of-attack defender, using his quick feet and hands to disrupt the point of attack. But he is also a fearless scorer.

Thomas is routinely able to get to his spots in the half-court. He plays efficiently but also has skill with his counters off the bounce. Thomas also plays with great balance, always ready to pull up, no matter the level. Playing up an age level, he finished with 17 points and 4 assists, on 7-11 from the field.

He is No. 3 in the 2025 On3 75. Danny Hurley from UConn was courtside. So were assistants from Kentucky and North Carolina.

Sounds like similar blood type to Dre.

Reaction Score
Any idea who we were watching at The Skill Factory v. Team Durant? No familiar names on the roster that I can see.

Also: Kimani and Dan currently watching Ahmad Nowell on court 4
My best guess is Isaiah Evans, 4 star guy who's been mentioned by some of the national guys as having a good weekend so far

Reaction Score
I’m sure he gets way more handshakes and elbow sex from coaches. But I doubt players really notice who’s watching, unless they’re looking for the Cals and Selfs.
They absolutely know who is watching. Whether it’s head coaches, or recruiting assistants.

Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if he ends up anywhere but Rutgers. His mom is pushing them hard and she’s the decision maker in that family

Reaction Score
AJ Dybantsa is a 2026 that just dropped 28 in a 17u game. Absurd.

Ahmad Nowell notes:
  • Strong and stocky. Maybe 6'0 if we’re generous
  • Ended up with 7/2/6 on 50% shooting from the floor and from 3. Didn't take a shot in the last 12 minutes of the game, which I didn't love.
  • Tough little all-around guard.
  • Handle isn’t superb by 6’0 guard standards. Don’t expect bazz or boat. Serviceable.
  • Passing was fantastic this game. Making quick decisions (and the right decisions). Team looks better when he’s PG. I counted 2 foul assists and a bunch of good passes his teammates bricked.
  • His shot is janky–shoots on the way down–but from all reports he makes the shots.
  • You can tell he wants to play real structured basketball but his teammates are playing like it’s AAU. Looks frustrated with bad decisions from team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom