UCONN emerging as "heavy favorite" for Samuelson | The Boneyard

UCONN emerging as "heavy favorite" for Samuelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This was posted by none other than horde member John Altivilla. Credit where credit is due. John - you helped make a bunch of UCONN fans really happy... I know lots can happen between "now and then". Also credit to Cat for finding this tweet. She had it buried in another thread (about Boykin) but I thought it deserved it's own for obvious reasons...

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 2h
More good news: #UConnwomen emerging as heavy favorite to get @33katielou Katie Lou Samuelson. But that announcement months away

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This was posted by none other than horde member John Altivilla. Credit where credit is due. John - you helped make a bunch of UCONN fans really happy... I know lots can happen between "now and then". Also credit to Cat for finding this tweet. She had it buried in another thread (about Boykin) but I thought it deserved it's own for obvious reasons...

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 2h
More good news: #UConnwomen emerging as heavy favorite to get @33katielou Katie Lou Samuelson. But that announcement months away
But if we don't get out of the AAC Uconn is doomed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Again. That may be true once the P5 leave and don't for a moment think that the UCONN administration isn't afraid of that very thing and is continuing to seek a way out.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Again. That may be true once the P5 leave and don't for a moment think that the UCONN administration isn't afraid of that very thing and is continuing to seek a way out.
Just wanted to make sure everyone knows there is trouble ahead.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou's game reminds me of Elena's game, though she's not quite as tall. Kaleena plus 3-4"? She shoots 52% from the arc. Amazing!

Reaction Score
Boykin's father did say Katie Lou and DJ were good friends and had a good time together during their visit a few weeks ago, so perhaps this announcement will help reel in Katie Lou sooner rather than later.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We have done well with Bria, Breanna, and Brianna. Kia will team up with Kiah. And KLM and DJB may be joined by KLS. Bob Joyce will be in his glory.

Reaction Score
The saying goes, "That we make plans & God laughs". If we get that girl KLS, to complement the players & new recruits coming in then we must be grateful for the gifts given to us !

Reaction Score
But if we don't get out of the AAC Uconn is doomed.
My guess is Katie Lou and her parents already know where UCONN is going conference wise. Watch UCONN recruiting in all sports for the next few months, that will be a clue. Of course fans are always the last to know.;)

Reaction Score
C'mon y'all , don't you know this would be very, very, bad for women's hoops? Especially bad for ND, UT, Duke, Stanford, Baylor etc., etc. etc.

CZ: good one. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'd been all upset if we get her.

Reaction Score
Though I gave John A. a very recent tip of the cap for his news on the gal from G'town, I'm not really sure what the meaning of this latest twitter is? John, if you are out there: how about fleshing that out a bit, if you are at liberty (re confidentiality, source protection etc, issues) to do so.
In what way, or according to what/who, are we emerging as a "heavy favorite." And is so, WHY months away from disclosure, fruition?? What is going to change between now and then?
I ask this as well of the Yarders who are of a mind to speculate re the answers.................

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Certainly with Boykin and Collier already committed, you'd think UConn has a great shot at Katie Lou. I just wonder what John A.'s tweet is based on. Unless it comes from Katie Lou herself, I don't put much stock in it.

She has still yet to take the rest of her officials. A lot can change. Nonetheless, things are looking ominous for the rest of WBB.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
My guess is Katie Lou and her parents already know where UCONN is going conference wise. Watch UCONN recruiting in all sports for the next few months, that will be a clue. Of course fans are always the last to know.;)

OK. I will spill the beans on the UConn move to a new conference. UConn, just for WBB, will be moving to the WNBA Conference. The only problem might be the fees UConn will have to pay the Connecticut Sun for getting a franchise in their territory. Wait until we see next years Saragin SOS playing in the WNBA conference.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Though I gave John A. a very recent tip of the cap for his news on the gal from G'town, I'm not really sure what the meaning of this latest twitter is? John, if you are out there: how about fleshing that out a bit, if you are at liberty (re confidentiality, source protection etc, issues) to do so.
In what way, or according to what/who, are we emerging as a "heavy favorite." And is so, WHY months away from disclosure, fruition?? What is going to change between now and then?
I ask this as well of the Yarders who are of a mind to speculate re the answers.......
This is just speculation on my part, but given how much she enjoyed her recent visit to UCONN, I'm guessing this falls somewhere in the category of "UCONN leads for her". Sort of like when we are told that we are in "really good shape" with one recruit or another...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
C'mon y'all , don't you know this would be very, very, bad for women's hoops? Especially bad for ND, UT, Duke, Stanford, Baylor etc., etc. etc.

I was thinking about that too.
At what point does it just get unfair?
Isn't it pushing that envelope now?
If UConn never loses (for say three years) is that good for the game?
A legitimate question.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A legitimate question.
I think it's great for the game. Look at other sports that have had, or continue to have, dynasties. They are great for the sport. Some dynasties are hated, others tolerated, others truly liked. UCONN and its' players are very likable. When you have the men and women winning NC's in the same year TWICE in history, and both times it was UCONN doing it, you set the gold standard for who the very best aspire to play with and for. Just one reason why UCONN continues to recruit, and sign, the very best players in WCBB.

I fail to see how on earth it could be bad for the game. It raises the publicity (just like the win streak), forces other teams to work even harder to reach and aspire to UCONN's level, and gets WCBB talked about. And we are often hearing about "newer" fans who tuned in and appreciated the way UCONN teams play.

Let's be honest - if you don't like women's sports, you won't be able to appreciate what UCONN does. There's no comparison to the NBA or MCBB because women simply can't play above the rim like the men can. Sportscenter's top 10 is always riddled with "OMG what a great dunk" plays.

I really don't think that parity would make WCBB any more interesting to the rest of the nation in general. I also think every few years or so there will be another team to win it all (Baylor, aTm, etc), and you will also get programs who put together great teams who will rise to challenge (UCLA might be the next team to do so).

The whole "good for the game" nonsense came from jealous orange fans. I don't hear Duke, ND, L'ville, Baylor, or other top programs having their fans whine and complain about it...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A legitimate question.

All must understand tongue in cheek.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Baseball survived the Yankees, mcbb survived UCLA, wcbb will survive the Huskies. (Although they just might go several years without losing a game. It could happen.)

Reaction Score
A legitimate question.
Other teams get good players, too. The real question to ask is why do they underachieve? It's not the players, so it must be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom