UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18

Reaction Score
4m4 minutes ago
More
School confirms early signing day class is complete at 11 signees. #UConnFootball press conf at 11 to talk about the additions
0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Looks like no Ford, Anderson or Ross today.

Reaction Score
4m4 minutes ago
More
School confirms early signing day class is complete at 11 signees. #UConnFootball press conf at 11 to talk about the additions
0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Looks like no Ford, Anderson or Ross today.
Oh wow we lost out to Chattanooga. Anderson isn’t signing til February and neither is Ross. But sucks we lost out to FCS.

Reaction Score
So Cam Ross isn’t signing until Feb? The Hartford Courant reporter thinks him not signing today means he’s a flip

Reaction Score
What I like about Harris in particular is that he is a home grown kid that genuinely bleeds blue. He’s gonna bring a sense of pride and passion that I believe will be infectious to this young defense. He seems to truly appreciate playing for UConn.
We need thumpers on defense. I hope he joins Kevon Jones in hammering dudes for us.

I like the way Malik Dixon hits. Need guys who tackle through people more than anything else on defense.

Reaction Score
We need thumpers on defense. I hope he joins Kevon Jones in hammering dudes for us.

I like the way Malik Dixon hits. Need guys who tackle through people more than anything else on defense.
Dixon is a sure tackler. He's athletic and is not afraid of contact. Much needed on defense especially in the secondary.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t mention Ross?
He did and deleted the tweet. Said “Ross is conspicuously missing from the press release.” I thought I saw on here he was signing in Feb

Reaction Score

Off the bat you will have two experienced LB’s in our 4-3. Jones was decent this year and will be much improved. Harris has experience. Both of these guys have the size and speed to be relentless ball pursuers at the second level. And guys that love to hit. We need one more to emerge and our run defense will be very good. Our Front four should be improved as well. We are trending in the right direction.
As for the back end, the additions of Bell and Dixon add competition in that DB room. Our freshmen, you would hope, learned from their experience and will come back improved. Perhaps a few will fall to the wayside- but not all.
We will be better next year. Much more aggressive. Our freshmen only had a summer and fall of wightroom work prior to arriving. Now they have a winter and spring to add to it for next season.

Reaction Score
Rivals and 247 didn't have info on Rayonte Brown. Is this a good surprise?

Reaction Score
Dixon is a sure tackler. He's athletic and is not afraid of contact. Much needed on defense especially in the secondary.
Here’s my thoughts on this. Paul looked aggressive in his strike on his HS tape. Most of our current DB’s looked decent to good. But the college game is a different animal especially at the FBS level. There are other factors that play into the position. These guys need to get stronger and learn the game as it’s way more complex at this level. Lots of times when you don’t comprehend what an offense is trying to do to you there’s a hesitancy that takes place. You start getting beat (on a national stage) and confidence can waiver. Getting off blocks by 6 foot 200 lbs receivers is also difficult. So yes, Bell and Dixon have the best high school tape that I’ve seen out of all the DB’s past two cycles, however, they have work to do in order to bring their talent up a notch mentally and physically to be productive. That’s why ideally you like to redshirt guys because their high school productivity isn’t quite ready to translate to the collegiate level right away. Some can but most can’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom