UConn-Duke- the game, the thread! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-Duke- the game, the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would have liked to see a 10-point cushion with Williams on the bench. I feel like Bria is going to settle down with the halftime break, but KML looks to be having one of those games.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Since Stanford, KML has not have a good shooting day against the best teams UConn has played. Hope she gets her shot in the 2nd half. Team is 1 - 9 on 3's with most of them wide open looks.

Great Team Defense has kept Duke in check except for the bombs that Gray hit. Her three 3's were well beyond the 3 point arc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The difference between the last game at Cameron and this game is that the perimeter shots aren't falling in this game. So much for the friendly rims at Cameron.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Duke shooting 29% and we're up by 8???????

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The difference between the last game at Cameron and this game is that the perimeter shots aren't falling in this game. So much for the friendly rims at Cameron.
Yeah, actually they seem pretty unforgiving. Kind of surprising.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I love Kiah's defensive prowess. She stays wide and is always balanced, moves her feet beautifully (side-to-side) and is so long she alters people's bad intentions. She also does an excellent job of boxing out, keeps her opponent on her rump - outside looking in and with those long arms wins every contested ball. This might be her confidence building break-out game!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As cold as we were in the first half, we can get hot from the outside in the second half. Kaleena's shots have got to start dropping soon. She's overdue!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I love Kiah's defensive prowess. She stays wide and is always balanced, moves her feet beautifully (side-to-side) and is so long she alters people's bad intentions. She also does an excellent job of boxing out, keeps her opponent on her rump - outside looking in and with those long arms wins every contested ball. This might be her confidence building break-out game!

Can't say enough good things about Kiah Stokes in this game. 100% agree. Btw the box score only has her for one block so far, I think she has 2 at least.

Did anyone else see that little display of 'tude when she was fighting for a ball on our end and the ref called the tie-up about the same time she was ripping the ball away from the Duke player? That look she gave spoke volumes about her progress re: intensity

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tiff has headaches, being evaluated may not start in 2nd half.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I expect Tiff to attack freshman Williams immediately in the 2nd half to pick up her 4th. Tiff plays smart, aggressive and goes for the jugular...gotta love it! :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'd be interested to see a big lineup (Stef/Kiah) in the second half. Duke doesn't have an answer for both of them, and we're not hitting much from outside.

Reaction Score
Huskies will bury them in the 3rd half. By that, I mean the last 10 minures of the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Second half, go right after Williams and see if she gets her 4th foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads