UConn-Duke. New York. In the works. | The Boneyard

UConn-Duke. New York. In the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Huskies continue to try and beef up their non-conference schedule, given the lack of RPI-power the American Athletic Conference portion of their slate seems to pack. And they’re doing so with one of the beefiest opponents of all.

There may be a Duke-UConn game in the greater New York area as early as next season, several sources said Sunday.

The two schools are in discussions over a game between their basketball programs in a site such as Madison Square Garden, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn or even the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J.

http://instorrsnow.wordpress.com/

Reaction Score
Cool as long as this is a neutral court series only. I remember a few years back rat face tried to get a "home and home" where we went to Cameron and then we played a game in New York as our "home" game. .

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I hope it's not like when we played Maryland this year at Barclays

Reaction Score
The Huskies continue to try and beef up their non-conference schedule, given the lack of RPI-power the American Athletic Conference portion of their slate seems to pack. And they’re doing so with one of the beefiest opponents of all.

There may be a Duke-UConn game in the greater New York area as early as next season, several sources said Sunday.

The two schools are in discussions over a game between their basketball programs in a site such as Madison Square Garden, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn or even the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J.

would be insane if we get this done for next year. Get to see tyus jones and emekas cuz vs us. We will be so loaded next year dear god

Reaction Score
Tony Hanson & company lost a heartbreaker to puke in '78 in MSG. Game was set up for gminski homecoming, but puke was afraid of UCONN even then so the closest they'd get to CT was NYC. humorous

Reaction Score
Part of me wants us to tell the ACC teams to pound sand. If they want to play us, get us in the conference.
I'm sure that long-term someone can make the argument that may be a bad decision, but honestly, there are plenty of teams I'd like to think we can get into MSG.
Any B1G team?

How about home and home with schools like Arizona or Kansas?

Maybe it's just me.

Reaction Score
I hope it's not like when we played Maryland this year at Barclays

Or BC or IU at MSG.

Our attendance at these games has been disappointing to say the least. I'd hate for our home away from home to be a Duke home game with all the attention that they always attract.

Reaction Score
Or BC or IU at MSG.

Our attendance at these games has been disappointing to say the least. I'd hate for our home away from home to be a Duke home game with all the attention that they always attract.
I think the fan base has reawakened and believes again after the APR and CR beatdowns

Reaction Score
Bring on the Dookies. Come to MSG, and come get your whooping.

I'd be for a home and home versus Kansas or say OK State as well

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Or BC or IU at MSG.

No not that. Barclays was a home game for Maryland. They had their intro video, they had under armour advertising, they announcer was the Maryland announcer etc

Reaction Score

Take Duke over G-Town any day, even having to deal with Coach K wining to the refs NCAA, and anyone else who will listen about the unfairness he has experienced. Bigger exposure. Even ‘Cuse fans are starting to realize that G-Town doesn’t mean much anymore outside of the old timers.

IZOD would be bad as it does not have a transit connection to NYC. The Rock in Newark is a good basketball arena and has connections to mass transit (PATH, NJ Transit, and Amtrak). While I live close to the Rock, about 20 miles, for the UConn community, MSG is better as it has the name and is the easiest to get to from everywhere (NYC, NJ, LI, and CT). Barclay’s is a pain in the neck to get to from west of the Hudson and CT.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cool as long as this is a neutral court series only. I remember a few years back rat face tried to get a "home and home" where we went to Cameron and then we played a game in New York as our "home" game. .

MSG is our home court! : )

Reaction Score
I think the fan base has reawakened and believes again after the APR and CR beatdowns

Did people honestly fall off the face of the earth after what's quoted here??? I don't think anyone thought the men's baseketball program was going anywhere when Calhoun retired.

Reaction Score
Did people honestly fall off the face of the earth after what's quoted here??? I don't think anyone thought the men's baseketball program was going anywhere when Calhoun retired.

I think this guy did.

GSC_Thumbnail-Visual_RGB.jpg

Reaction Score
Always happy for another marquee matchup, but curious how legit this is. No idea how credible this blog is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom