UCONN/DUKE Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UCONN/DUKE Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
But Stewie is getting hacked by much bigger people in Forwards, and Centers then DT, Maya, Or KML, and Officials have always let more go in the paint.
If anything, I think this would support ursus's point: that the (relatively) solidly-built DT, Maya, and KML getting whacked on by their counterparts (guards and smaller forwards, primarily, not exclusively), is not as much of a physical mismatch as the lighter-build TBS getting whacked upon by more solidly-built power forwards and post players.

I've never been a fan of the phenomenon you mention, bagger: that officials call a different game, depending upon where on the floor the contact happens. As Icebear noted yesterday, I think, the emphasis on calling fouls obstructing movement seems to have already evaporated. We seem to have returned to the ol' "If ya can't beat 'em, beat 'em up" school of defense.

Reaction Score
But Stewie is getting hacked by much bigger people in Forwards, and Centers then DT, Maya, Or KML, and Officials have always let more go in the paint.

You make a fair point. Although everybody spends some time moving through the lane as the offense flows, Maya was there less than Stewie and DT less than Maya. The paint can be brutal.

But pinot isn't wrong either; that's part of what I'm talking about. DT and Maya were stronger than their counterparts. They were stronger than the post players on some teams by their senior year. In the paint, players like Dolson or Charles could post up and fight through the uncalled fouls because they are true bigs that brought in some serious muscle. Stewie has a height advantage against the wings and a quickness advantage against bigs, but I'm not sure she has much of a strength advantage against either.

That said, it's barely January. She'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom