UConn drops one spot 3/11 AP Top 25 | The Boneyard

UConn drops one spot 3/11 AP Top 25

Reaction Score
Notre Dame deserved to move up. They and the next teams through seed 6 are ahead of us by a slim 30 points. A win in the big East could move us up a few positions. Teams seeded 4,5,8,or 9 in the bracketing process are likely to face South Carolina before the finals. So 10 or 7 and being in Albany are the best options for us.

About time Lady Luck favored us on something!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Notre Dame deserved to move up. They and the next teams through seed 6 are ahead of us by a slim 30 points. A win in the big East could move us up a few positions. Teams seeded 4,5,8,or 9 in the bracketing process are likely to face South Carolina before the finals. So 10 or 7 and being in Albany are the best options for us.

About time Lady Luck favored us on something!
Rankings and seedings are two completely different things, totally independent of one another

The NET is one consideration in seeding and remains unchanged- UConn at #2.

Reaction Score
Rankings and seedings are two completely different things, totally independent of one another

The NET is one consideration in seeding and remains unchanged- UConn at #2.

Thanks for clarifying that I conflated two thoughts. I should have created a new paragraph. As you know, NCAA selection committee uses several criteria to arrive at their conclusions. Our overall position in their reveals/projections has been very different from the Net and closer to our AP or Coaches poll standing. That said, with two PAC teams seeded 1, and in pole positions 3 and 4, we are very likely to get Albany1 and Albany2, with South Carolina and Iowa, respectively, as the 1 seeds. In a perfect world, overall seeds 8,9 will be in Albany1 and overall seeds 7 and 10 in Albany 2. Hence my wish for an overall 7 or 10 ranking in the committees next reveal.

Reaction Score
More AP crap. That's why UConn don't care about the AP polls. So as we all know how good UConn is. And they show theirs on the court.

Reaction Score
More AP crap. That's why UConn don't care about the AP polls. So as we all know how good UConn is. And they show theirs on the court.
The problem is that you do not know how good this UConn team is until they face the better teams. Beating the tar out of Big East competiition reveals nothing. They were not even challenged once.

Reaction Score
With Paige playing like a woman possessed, Aaliyah expected to return, two more frosh stepping up and an NET rating of 2, aside from South Carolina, name the top 10 ranked teams teams that want UConn in their bracket:

Crickets.

Reaction Score
With Paige playing like a woman possessed, Aaliyah expected to return, two more frosh stepping up and an NET rating of 2, aside from South Carolina, name the top 10 ranked teams teams that want UConn in their bracket:

Crickets.
I said it before, but I’ll be the lizard to your crickets.

None of the top 10 teams are worried about playing UConn. Press UConn with speedy guards and it will be really tough for the Huskies.

Too 10’teams can really score. UConn has struggled with that. Huskies defense is really good, but you’re not keeping USC, Iowa, etc. scoreless. These aren’t Big East teams. Whole new movie.

UConn defense is there, offense still isn’t really. It was against Georgetown, but, again, we are talking about top ten teams.

Geno’s opinion is still real life. It will take a lot to go right for this Husky team to get past the sweet 16. With Paige, there is always a chance. I think we will see a ready to go AE also…on a mission. Same with Nika. Always hope.

Sorry if I ate all the crickets, but this is real life.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The problem is that you do not know how good this UConn team is until they face the better teams. Beating the tar out of Big East competiition reveals nothing. They were not even challenged once.
Hmm, you think that the reason could be because of UConn's defense during the tournament?
Of course not, you would rather keep up your criticism of a UConn team that, at this point, has exceeded expectations.

Reaction Score

None of the top 10 teams are worried about playing UConn. Press UConn with speedy guards and it will be really tough for the Huskies.

Too 10’teams can really score. UConn has struggled with that. Huskies defense is really good, but you’re not keeping USC, Iowa, etc. scoreless. These aren’t Big East teams. Whole new movie.

UConn defense is there, offense still isn’t really. It was against Georgetown, but, again, we are talking about top ten teams.

Geno’s opinion is still real life. It will take a lot to go right for this Husky team to get past the sweet 16. With Paige, there is always a chance. I think we will see a ready to go AE also…on a mission. Same with Nika. Always hope.

I disagree with you. Pressing UConn isn't a solution like it was last year in the Ohio State game. If AE didn't get called for fouls on 2 flops by OSU they have a totally different team on the floor to handle the press. This year they have better guards than they did last year to handle the press and more of them. They also have Paige who can attack and score off the press.

What I saw from UConn this weekend that I didn't see against ND or SC is the offense got engaged earlier in the shot clock which gave them time for that one more pass. They also had more than one person hitting open shots all while playing without their best post player. If Ice can play competitive ball along side AE this is a different UConn team than anyone has played this year.

Reaction Score
Hmm, you think that the reason could be because of UConn's defense during the tournament?
Of course not, you would rather keep up your criticism of a UConn team that, at this point, has exceeded expectations.
The defense was much better considering one of their best defenders was on the bench with a broken nose. That doesn't change the fact that the Big East outside of UConn is extremely weak. In the Marquette game they had several trips down the floor with a chance to cut into UConn's lead and they simply missed open looks. I think both of you can be right on this one.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yet UConn moves up two spots in the Coaches Poll to #7. I have never liked the AP Poll, because most of them don't even watch the games.

Reaction Score

The cricket you didn’t eat is the way UConn came out to play in the Big East tournament. I’ve seen every one of their games this year and I never saw the fire they had in the semifinals. Paige was unstoppable, defensively and offensively. She knows it’s March and is ready to roll. Their defensive pressure was phenomenal. Adding Ice to the mix has put them back into the title conversation ( my opinion).

As for other top ten teams that played and lost in their conference tournaments I saw lots of vulnerability in every one. It’s one and done now. I’ll take this UConn squad thank you.

They didn’t look like the team from two or even a wee before the tournament. Geno has them firing on all cylinders.

Reaction Score
Polls mean nothing now. It's win or go home. It will be fun to see how far this group can go.

Reaction Score

With all due respect, saying none of the top ten teams are worried about playing UConn is just silly! Sure, they may not be shaking in their boots as in some (many) years but I guarantee they’re worried just as they’re worried about playing any good team. It’s not like we’re chopped liver! Yes, we lost those games against those five “good” teams but, even though we are still shorthanded, we are a completely different team now! I’d bet a lot of money that we would not go 0/5 against those teams now! None of those teams, in fact, no team in this field is playing at a level where I would say , “This team is for sure gonna win the championship!” South Carolina, the clear and imo undisputed favorite needed their 6’7” center to bank in the only three of her career/season in order to beat a mediocre Tennessee team and certainly looked vulnerable throughout the SEC Tournament! So, perhaps their not “scared” but I promise you, they are worried!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom