UConn Draft Prospects - Big East Big Board | The Boneyard

UConn Draft Prospects - Big East Big Board

Reaction Score
Lots of Big East pro prospects to track this winter. A ton of future pros beyond just Bouknight, Jackson, and Akok. Former agent and current scout Matt Babcock gives his take on the league:

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the knock of Bouk regarding efficiency? 46.5/35/82 aren’t bad splits at all for a guard, or am I missing something?
Agreed. He was remarkably efficient, regardless of being a frosh. Eager to see him fill out under Rehfeldt. Maybe he can feed Bouknight whatever they fed Jaron Cumberland.

Reaction Score
He was incredibly efficient offensively. He does need to get physically stronger, and that's not unrelated to learning how to stay out of foul trouble so he can stay on the court.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every player has room for improvement and can improve efficiency - even Kemba at this point in his career
As much as most of want to think, Bouk doesn't walk on water
He is certainly a great prospect and has all the tools to be a very good player but lets see what he does as the go to guy. He is young and will get better.
Potential is huge

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Every player has room for improvement and can improve efficiency - even Kemba at this point in his career
As much as most of want to think, Bouk doesn't walk on water
He is certainly a great prospect and has all the tools to be a very good player but lets see what he does as the go to guy. He is young and will get better.
Potential is huge
He was the go to guy most of the season.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the knock of Bouk regarding efficiency? 46.5/35/82 aren’t bad splits at all for a guard, or am I missing something?

35% is a bit low for a lottery level shooting guard. For example Vassell hit 53% from 2 and 42% from 3. Nesmith hit 50% and 52%.

To get drafted in lottery or mid 1st, he'll have to improve his shooting, his playmaking, or his defense. Shooting is probably the easiest.

It's not a knock so much as an expected area of improvement.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
35% is a bit low for a lottery level shooting guard. For example Vassell hit 53% from 2 and 42% from 3. Nesmith hit 50% and 52%.

To get drafted in lottery or mid 1st, he'll have to improve his shooting, his playmaking, or his defense. Shooting is probably the easiest.

It's not a knock so much as an expected area of improvement.
Now do Anthony Edwards.

Reaction Score
Now do Anthony Edwards.

Exception that proves the rule. If you're not built like a tank on a pogo stick with a beautiful jump shot and the sway to tell your coach you're going to take 150 pull-up and step back jumpers and miss a lot of them to develop your NBA shotmaking, then you gotta hit better than 35% from 3 as a shooting guard that wants to go in the top half of the first round..

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t you know EVERY NBA player must shoot 50/40/85 or they are banished from the league forever??

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I think you answered the question when you said 'not bad'. And you're right, but to be considered in the top levels of pro prospects he needs have great numbers. I understand right now most of the interest in him is based upon his athleticism and potential to be better. My own opinion is it would serve him better in the long run to stay two years and become a first round/lottery pick lock than to go as a potential first round, probable second.

Reaction Score
I got Caron Butler and Emeka Okafor, they're "not bad"

Reaction Score
I’m glad to see that it’s not just the top of the league that has pro-level talent. There are NBA-bound players at every tier: Weems, Duke, Carton, Garcia. Not mentioned is Bryce Aiken at Seton Hall. Former top 75 HS recruit who’s an incredible scorer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom