UConn doesn't have cause to throw stones at Pitt and Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn doesn't have cause to throw stones at Pitt and Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pitt and Syracuse received an offer they thought was in their best interest and took it. They announced they would fulfill their agreements with the Big East, and then negotiated their way out of them early, on mutually satisfactory terms, after the Big East had arranged for their replacements.

For all the scumbag acts in college football today, this wasn't one of them. Unfortunate for us. You can argue not in Pitt's best interests as opposed to signing the ESPN deal. But simply not scummy.

WVU, on the other hand ....

After Pitt and Syracuse left I agree that they did they right thing by the Big East.

However, to say that Pitt and Syracuse didn't completely screw the Big East a year before the league was going into contract negotiations is somehow not a scummy move I don't agree with.

Do I fault them for acting what they thought was their best interests? No, not at all.

Sometimes being a scumbag and doing what is in your best interest while it screws your peers aren't mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom