UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
I'm still not understanding why the initial flight was scheduled for 6 pm. That still wouldn't have gotten them into Phoenix airport until around midnight ET - and probably not into their hotel room until around 1 a.m. ET. I know they're young and that probably isn't an issue for them. But still seems to me you'd want to arrive earlier than that.

Plus an earlier scheduled departure time allows room to resolve potential travel issues like this -- if they were scheduled to leave at noon, the five hour delay is much more manageable. Scheduling travel for that late in the day is always risky.
This is exactly my thought, too. For an event like the Final Four you want to leave as much room for error as possible. Plus, it was well known in advance by last Friday that the weather was going to be horrible today. The flight should have been by Tuesday at the latest before this extreme windy weather. Even without the extreme windy weather, Tuesday would be enough time to deal with travel disruptions and irritations such as this.

Reaction Score
Because they don't care if the team gets off the plane until 8:00PM Saturday as long as they can rush and make the tip time. They already have their money. There's no accountability to anyone.
UConn should make their own travel accommodations and bill the NCAA. If the NCAA has a problem with it Hurley will do the rounds with McAfee, Cowherd, Van Pelt, Stephen A, Portnoy etc. and all the news outlets detailing how unacceptable the NCAA's accommodations are. All these guys love Hurley and hate the NCAA.

Reaction Score
. Well, at least there’s. D’Angelos at Bradley.
I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
Message to Husky nation - embrace the BS! We can luxuriate in conspiracy theories. (Already, there is a god damn "grassy knoll" in each and every one of my days...) I am right there with you!

You do know that the Politburo of the NCAA is in charge of FF travel arrangements - right?

Anyways - I am fired up! This travel crap is a great omen for us! Let's take advantage!

Reaction Score
It will end up bring a 5 hour delay, so no big deal. But the real question is why were they scheduled to leave today in the first place when they others are all already there?? I assume that was our choice??
I assume it was our choice. And I'm good with whatever choice the only team and coach who actually has Final Four experience thought was best.

Reaction Score
My only concern is this, are they going to have adequate time to get used to the arena, rims and background with shooting being the priority? It’s not like we’ve shot that well lately.
This and sleep/routine interuption. Already dealing with 3 hour time difference.

Reaction Score
UConn's arrival won't interrupt their normal schedule.

They practice tomorrow but not until mid afternoon. The TBS headshots aren't scheduled until early afternoon tomorrow. Even the coaches don't have media commitments until noontime.

Reaction Score
We’ll adjust the schedule and be fine. They’re college kids. I can remember sitting in airports for 8-10 hours during trips with the track team and we’d arrive, do our pre meet and then go compete like normal.

These guys have several days and will just skip some media stuff to get back to normal schedule. That and Danny will use it as a positive.

huskies by 25.

Reaction Score
Along with NC State, Purdue and Alabama, UConn is scheduled to have media availability, practice and other obligations in Glendale, Arizona on Thursday. The NCAA is expected to explore a modification of UConn's schedule to factor in the team's late arrival, sources told Thamel.

We’re all now supposed to believe the NCAA is going to make up for this? Their obligation to us was to have the team there at a reasonable hour. I think any talk by them now about us having obligations to them is rich.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom