UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
Guys, they have a plane and are departing tonight and arriving at 1:30 am in Phoenix.
It will end up bring a 5 hour delay, so no big deal. But the real question is why were they scheduled to leave today in the first place when they others are all already there?? I assume that was our choice??

Reaction Score

The NCAA claimed in their statement they worked to fix the problem. They lied. UConn had to do it on their own. And then the NCAA took credit for it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to f up this badly. When we hoist that trophy, I hope Hurley socks Baker in the face

Reaction Score

The NCAA claimed in their statement they worked to fix the problem. They lied. UConn had to do it on their own. And then the NCAA took credit for it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to f up this badly. When we hoist that trophy, I hope Hurley socks Baker in the face

Not surprised. The organization is a bunch of clowns that gets by on the least amount of effort as possible. Some national reporter should press the issue but they won't.

Reaction Score
I say skip media day and get some sleep.
Along with NC State, Purdue and Alabama, UConn is scheduled to have media availability, practice and other obligations in Glendale, Arizona on Thursday. The NCAA is expected to explore a modification of UConn's schedule to factor in the team's late arrival, sources told Thamel.

Reaction Score

This reads just the sams as last year. D'Amelio was the one making things happen with the hotel when the NCAA hotel had vomit and feces in the rooms. NCAA made it sound like they moved heaven and earth to get them special accommodations.

Reaction Score

Who is that dude?

Reaction Score
I'm still not understanding why the initial flight was scheduled for 6 pm. That still wouldn't have gotten them into Phoenix airport until around midnight ET - and probably not into their hotel room until around 1 a.m. ET. I know they're young and that probably isn't an issue for them. But still seems to me you'd want to arrive earlier than that.

Plus an earlier scheduled departure time allows room to resolve potential travel issues like this -- if they were scheduled to leave at noon, the five hour delay is much more manageable. Scheduling travel for that late in the day is always risky.

Reaction Score
This reads just the sams as last year. D'Amelio was the one making things happen with the hotel when the NCAA hotel had vomit and feces in the rooms. NCAA made it sound like they moved heaven and earth to get them special accommodations.
Because they don't care if the team gets off the plane until 8:00PM Saturday as long as they can rush and make the tip time. They already have their money. There's no accountability to anyone.

Reaction Score
I'm still not understanding why the initial flight was scheduled for 6 pm. That still wouldn't have gotten them into Phoenix airport until around midnight ET - and probably not into their hotel room until around 1 a.m. ET. I know they're young and that probably isn't an issue for them. But still seems to me you'd want to arrive earlier than that.

Plus an earlier scheduled departure time allows room to resolve potential travel issues like this -- if they were scheduled to leave at noon, the five hour delay is much more manageable. Scheduling travel for that late in the day is always risky.
It makes no sense especially considering they didn't even have a plane on location for that scheduled departure time. We all know what a disaster air travel is the last few years with planes not showing up on time or at all, understaffed, things wrong with the plane etc

Reaction Score
They can join the damn club. I was flying for business out of White Plains to Orlando at 7. Flight cancelled, Got onto a 9 flight out of LaGuardia. It’s been postponed 6 times. If I’m lucky, it will take off at 1:50 and I’ll get in at 4:50 in time for a full day. If I can be their inspiration at 65 ….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom