UConn Director of Basketball Ops & Director of Men's Basketball Scouting and Video Jobs Posted | The Boneyard

UConn Director of Basketball Ops & Director of Men's Basketball Scouting and Video Jobs Posted

Reaction Score
*Director of Men’s Basketball Operations*

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; experience as a Director of Men’s Basketball Operations for a Division 1 program; 1-2 years of experience working with or participating in a Division I basketball program; a demonstrated working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, communication, and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree; knowledge of and prior experience with administration of collegiate team travel; prior experience working as a liaison with Athletics offices/departments including NCAA Compliance, Athletics Facilities/Operations, and Community Outreach efforts; and experience as a collegiate student-athlete.

*Director of Men's Basketball Scouting and Video*

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree; 1-2 years of experience as video coordinator for a Division 1 men’s basketball program; previous experience assisting in the coordination and organization of official and unofficial recruiting visits; an understanding of the correct application of NCAA regulations; and excellent organizational, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of basketball-related experiences focused on player development, video analysis and team support; demonstrated experience supporting coaches in practice and game plan preparation; demonstrated experience organizing team travel and meal coordination; experience working with a division 1 men's basketball program in the northeast region, and experience in the administration of basketball camps.

Both job posting are scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 5, 2018.

Reaction Score
*Director of Men’s Basketball Operations*

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; experience as a Director of Men’s Basketball Operations for a Division 1 program; 1-2 years of experience working with or participating in a Division I basketball program; a demonstrated working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, communication, and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree; knowledge of and prior experience with administration of collegiate team travel; prior experience working as a liaison with Athletics offices/departments including NCAA Compliance, Athletics Facilities/Operations, and Community Outreach efforts; and experience as a collegiate student-athlete.
Sounds like Eric Youncofski (from URI) and not Kevin Freeman. KFree really going to be an assistant coach.
*Director of Men's Basketball Scouting and Video*

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree; 1-2 years of experience as video coordinator for a Division 1 men’s basketball program; previous experience assisting in the coordination and organization of official and unofficial recruiting visits; an understanding of the correct application of NCAA regulations; and excellent organizational, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of basketball-related experiences focused on player development, video analysis and team support; demonstrated experience supporting coaches in practice and game plan preparation; demonstrated experience organizing team travel and meal coordination; experience working with a division 1 men's basketball program in the northeast region, and experience in the administration of basketball camps.
Tripp Doherty (from URI).

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
When they gonna post the big man coach?

With tom Moore back and my 6 degrees from Kevin bacon effect going full bore...got a shot there. Lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like KFree if it’s to keep this years squad together. Otherwise I’m surprised he doesn’t have anyone more qualified in mind. But I don’t know him, so maybe his future in coaching is bright?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I figure Chief will take the Strength and Conditioning Consultant position who reports to the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator. Bunky will be the Sr. Hype Man reporting to himself.

Bunky reports only to Chief.

Reaction Score
I like KFree if it’s to keep this years squad together. Otherwise I’m surprised he doesn’t have anyone more qualified in mind. But I don’t know him, so maybe his future in coaching is bright?
I have to imagine they don't just want him to keep the roster together. I would imagine Moore and maybe JC put a word in for him though. Ollie liked yes men so maybe that's why he got stuck as the DBO for 7 years and was never promoted as an assistant

Reaction Score
Idk why he was never promoted anyways with all the openings over the years

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have to imagine they don't just want him to keep the roster together. I would imagine Moore and maybe JC put a word in for him though. Ollie liked yes men so maybe that's why he got stuck as the DBO for 7 years and was never promoted as an assistant

Promoting freeman has nothing to do with keeping the roster together. I mean, that just doesn't make an sence.

My preference would be to have another well tested recruiter on the staff.*

That said, if the rest of the staff is Cox, Moore, his known DBO, and the video guy....having the last position on the bench be a developmental assistant is a good thing. We know Cox wants an HC job in the future, so it's good to groom somebody in house. And as that poster with AD connects said, Freeman was the hardest working, most well like and competent guy on the staff.

*Sounds like Hurley is going to cast a smaller, but stronger net. Staying local allows him and staff to keep more constant tabs on and contact with guys. Concentrate resources. Need to show face at a game? Drive down the road. So maybe not having a stud recruiter isn't the end of the world.

Reaction Score
I just heard that Hurley is looking to hire Kimani Young from Minnesota. Idk how true it is but that’s what some NY Ren connects said.

That would be interesting. If DH wants him, then why not?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't recommend a twinkie diet for high level athletes but I'm not sure it would be any worse than the last several years.
No wonder Diaco’s regime failed; can’t win breakfast without a healthy serving of Twinkies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom