UConn - DePaul game Friday Dec 31 has been canceled [merged thread] | The Boneyard

UConn - DePaul game Friday Dec 31 has been canceled [merged thread]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NEW YORK – The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the Connecticut at DePaul women’s basketball game, which was scheduled for Friday, December 31, has been canceled due to COVID issues within the UConn program.

Per the BIG EAST game cancellation policy, the Conference office will attempt to reschedule the game in accordance with the parameters of the policy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So bummed, but tend to agree - more time for players to get healthy. Not sure how much practicing they can do tho. I will be curious to see if they shut that down too, or report about it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NEW YORK – The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the Connecticut at DePaul women’s basketball game, which was scheduled for Friday, December 31, has been canceled due to COVID issues within the UConn program.

Per the BIG EAST game cancellation policy, the Conference office will attempt to reschedule the game in accordance with the parameters of the policy.
Courant article on game cancelation:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Does the CDC change in quarantine time for 10 days to 5 days affect NCAA? They should probably adjust their protocols.

Reaction Score
A8800962-B7A2-4A1B-B884-2AB81279E4DD.jpeg

I was really looking forward to watching the DePaul game this week especially after the cancellation of the Marquette game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The next Prognosticators Prediction thread will be posted on 01/02/22. Happy New Year everyone and stay safe. Hopefully they will actually play the Georgetown game without any more cancellations.

Reaction Score
This mess is probably less disruptive for UConn than a lot of otherwise healthy teams. Let the returning injured get back into shape for a week instead of jumping right into games.

Reaction Score
Do you believe it, CoVid has hit our team now. Lots of practice time, but this is getting scary again.
Can anything else go wrong for this team between injuries and now Covid! At least it gives the injured more time to recover.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does the CDC change in quarantine time for 10 days to 5 days affect NCAA? They should probably adjust their protocols.
I don’t believe teams are necessarily adhering to a 10 day isolation/quarantine period. What I suspect they are doing is requiring 2 negative tests to return to practice/games. One of the concerns with the new CDC 5-day policy is that there is no testing requirement included, just that an individual must be asymptomatic 5 days after a positive test. There is a concern that individuals will have a subjective interpretation of exactly what “asymptomatic” means.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As an order of magnitude, there were 23 D1 WBB games scheduled yesterday. 12 games were played. 11 games were canceled/postponed.
It is likely to get even worse

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I've seen that many of the conferences have either stated that the games are canceled or postponed and not forfeited. Today for the first time I saw two games in the NEC were forfeited because of COVID. Does anybody know any other conferences that have kept the forfeit policy. I believe that this is an unfair policy, when this was made many people thought that COVID was behind us. Now there is the Omicron variant and it should not be considered a teams fault if they can't play because someone in the program is positive.

Reaction Score

Someone suggested that they just cancel all January games. Now that makes sense. It is going to happen anyway. This is death by torture. Just get it over with.

Reaction Score
It's never going away! If you are vaccinated, boostered, asymptomatic, whatever else they come up with, PLAY THE GAME!

Reaction Score
Someone suggested that they just cancel all January games. Now that makes sense. It is going to happen anyway. This is death by torture. Just get it over with.

I do think South Carolina and UConn should cancel their January 27 game to open the date to play conference "makeups." I don't think either school has much to gain by playing that game other than fulfilling tv contract obligations and ass many conference games as possible need to be played. Rescheduling DePaul would seem to me to be more important to UConn than a second game against South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom