UCONN defense does their part for environment | The Boneyard

UCONN defense does their part for environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maine and UVA Equipment Mgrs report that QB jersey's don't require laundering after their games vs UCONN.
Defense never knocks the QB down when he goes back to pass.
Lindey Witten, Trevardo Williams, Alfred Fincher, Danny Lansanah, et al , type players no where to be found this season so far. Uyi Osunde looked good being recognized as former Captain. Any eligibility left there?

Reaction Score
Except for the perennial third and long/fourth and long WTF conversions.

It's not so surprising when you realize they've been on the field all game long because we can't move the ball or score points. I think there is definitely room for improvement from the defense but with all of our other issues I don't even want to think about it.

Reaction Score
Problems don't get solved by ignoring them. No pass rush, no pressure on the QB when he drops back, wait to see what quality QBs do against UCONN. Time for the Defensive Genius Diaco to "scheme up" some ways to put some pressure on the QB.

Reaction Score
It's not so surprising when you realize they've been on the field all game long because we can't move the ball or score points. I think there is definitely room for improvement from the defense but with all of our other issues I don't even want to think about it.

I'm not targeting the defense at all . It just seems to happen multiple times each and every year - not isolated to the last few years.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Unfortunately this isn't right - we have been "winning" the time of possession statistic all season. 36:23 against Maine, 30+:30- against Navy and 32:28 against UVA. That isn't the same thing as number of plays run but I can't see that statistic for opponents # of plays anywhere.

Still agree that our defense is the least of our worries right now along with our Kicking / Punting game.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Defense is allowing about 16ppg (when you take into account the two fumbles for TDs) and we are 2-1 but nope lets complain and try to be a wiseass because its just so fun to whine.

Reaction Score
Drink the Kool Aid my friend....This defense put little or no pressure on a 1 AA QB and an ECU reject and they had plenty of time to effectively pass the ball. With no improvement what do you think the QB's from Houston, Cinn, S Fl, etc will do? Remember the days of 50 point explosions from opponents? I do. Don't want to see them again. The answer is not excuses or hiding behind meaningless statistics against weak opponents. It is to develop schemes using the talent you have to achieve results. I know its difficult for the Diaco Lovers to have any expectations for performance but that's how the world judges results.

Reaction Score
Was Diaco DC at ND when we played them? I ask because Dixon made the same touchdown 3x in a row, unfortunately 2 were called back by the refs. It sure looks like Diaco's touch.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Was Diaco DC at ND when we played them? I ask because Dixon made the same touchdown 3x in a row, unfortunately 2 were called back by the refs. It sure looks like Diaco's touch.

I believe that was Diaco's last year at Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
See? Why are people complaining, this seems like a great thing for the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom