UCONN - Dayton Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCONN - Dayton Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would be great to add a home and home with Dayton to the schedule.
This is worth repeating. :D Here's hoping if this were to happen they have the same coach. ;)

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Wow. They took team championship pictures without KML. What are they thinking?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Of course the haters have decided it was all home cookin'.
LOL That's because they are looney tunes. They actually committed more fouls against L'ville. 19 vs them to 16 vs UCONN

Reaction Score
Wow!!! I don't have to sell my F-4 tickets. I wore out the carpet in the first half. VERY IMPRESSED by Dayton.................

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets restart the rivalry.

Reaction Score
LOL That's because they are looney tunes. They actually committed more fouls against L'ville. 19 vs them to 16 vs UCONN
I just don't get it, to be honest. It's one thing to hate UConn and say that, but I think people actually believe it. The conspiracy theory is the refs want UConn to win and put the whistle in their pocket until the game is decided when they start to attempt to even up the stats. These are crazy uniforms in this 2nd game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just saw the Tennessee locker room bit. Is their coach Pats sister?

Reaction Score
Home cooking in Albany???
Well Albany is in our back yard, more or less. I mean what is it a 2 hour drive from Storrs? I guess Dayton was gonna shoot 70% from 3 all night despite being 38% as a team. UConn known for defense wasn't gonna change their strategy at all. I guess Dayton was gonna get more foul calls than UConn despite one of the teams being #2 in fouls committed and the other notorious for having foul trouble and players foul out.

Reaction Score
UConn's Defense was spectacular in the 2nd half and they didn't put Dayton on the Free Throw line with the defense. Great UConn 2nd half. The front court players were great and carried the team. Equally important Moriah had zero turnovers with 6 assists
No turnovers by Kia either. Any chance there were zero TOs from the guard position? That would be pretty amazing!

Reaction Score
Tuck...best footwork of any Husky I've seen since I started watching intently during Maya's freshman year.

Better than Stef, better than Maya, better than Tina
When you say better than Maya, I think you're treading on sacred ground. Let's leave it at great footwork and be so happy we have her.

Reaction Score
Not next year they won't. They're losing a lot. You saw Dayton have it's own version of the Stef/Bria-Geno moment tonight.
I actually was touched by that because these kids played some great ball for their coach over their careers and they obviously had a wonderful relationship.

Reaction Score
Maybe a little off topic but watching part of the Tennessee/Maryland game, they both are playing extraordinarily bad ball particularly on the offensive side. Totally inept.

Reaction Score
Who can hate this team...
Wouldn't mind seeing UConn play Tennessee and ND and having KML pretend their uniforms say UC-Davis just to shut up the naysayers. You'd think ~400 3s in a career would be proof enough how good she is. If she didn't get hurt last year, she would probably have a shot at 450.

Reaction Score
Maybe a little off topic but watching part of the Tennessee/Maryland game, they both are playing extraordinarily bad ball particularly on the offensive side. Totally inept.
Yeah after our game I was thinking phew can we please get back to playing traditional teams that are sloppy with the ball and can't hit the broad side of a barn?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is a MD-Tenn game thread, if you're interested.

Reaction Score
Against either Maryland or Tennessee UConn will get more points out of Moriah and Kia. While they played well, I think they will score more on Sunday night. The front court can't play a whole lot better. As I say that, who knows. Maybe they can. KML, Breanna and Morgan were incredible. Way to go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom