Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Big East champs!

3283E075-2E1E-4686-82F7-339B431ADF90.jpeg

Reaction Score
Close game in the first half....Paige and Aaliyah delivered as usual. I would like to see Samuels go in for KK more often, KK is really fast and good on Defense, but her outside shot is not as refined as Samuels, especially 3 pointers..... Congrats on Big East Championship..Shade did really well with 9 rebs and 15 pts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BIG TIME 2nd half. Ripped off a 17-0 run to put the game out of reach and then maintained the rest of the way. Really liked to Paige and AE step up and take the game over. But most of all I really liked seeing the hustle and grit on both sides of the ball all game. I want to see that every time! :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nice minutes by Ice. She was a little tentative at first but found her aggressiveness as the game went on.

Wow, only 10 TOs. It seemed like more.

Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what, if anything, Creighton was doing that prevented the Huskies from setting screens?

Reaction Score
Like I have always said, undefeated in the BE this year and have high hopes for the NC. Ashland was great this game with 9 rebounds, 15 points and 3 assists. Aaliyah and Paige were fantastic as usual. This game was not easy as Creighton wouldn't give up, but we prevailed We won the game with our stamina and Creighton tired out ai the second half. GO FRESHMEN!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I watched Ash, only, for the third period...she never stopped for more than 3 seconds. She gets the John Havlicek award for stamina and skill. Really nice second half Huskies! They were challenged and pulled it out nicely.

Reaction Score
Creighton hit some tough shots in the first half. UConn cold shooting, standing around too much, too. Second half different story. KK gets to the rim, but has to work on finishing and using body to protect from defenders, and make foul shots. Shade is steady Eddy!

Reaction Score
At work so couldn’t watch, but looking forward to watching tonight. Creighton is tough, I figured it would be a tough game. Glad UConn pulled away in second half.

Reaction Score
The score was 36-31 in favor of Creighton and they looked confident and composed. Then in a blink, UConn went on a run and essentially the game was over. In looking at the stats, the one thing that screams is that every starter grabbed more than 5 rebounds.

Aaliyah got off to a rough start offensively, but she came on, finishing with 20. Creighton was determined to stop her and Paige, and both had to work to score. Even though Paige wasn't sharp with her outside shooting, she has a myriad of ways to score. Her last bucket was a nasty stop-and-go.

Ashlyn had a nice, understated game. She hits the boards, had a couple of assists and nice takes to the basket. KK struggled offensively, but she was a menace of the boards and to her defensive assignment.

Nika made sure to hit a couple of threes for her parents in attendance.

Creighton came to play, but UConn made sure to remind everyone who is still the Beast of the East.

Reaction Score
Nice minutes by Ice. She was a little tentative at first but found her aggressiveness as the game went on.

Wow, only 10 TOs. It seemed like more.

Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what, if anything, Creighton was doing that prevented the Huskies from setting screens?
Ice again doing things that don't show up in the scoring column... Ice had big shoes to fill = Mission
Accomplished! Hang in there, BIG GIRL!!

Reaction Score
It seemed like Paige set up teammates for open perimeter shots that they either passed up, or missed. The switch then flipped in the 2nd half and she hunted her own offense. I liked that adjustment by her. The third quarter really stood out as the teams best quarter. Good for team confidence to get a win over a ranked opponent, it’s been a while. Loved the mid day tip-off for my day off!

Reaction Score
First half was forgettable. Ice trying to find an open man which meant she was open but didn’t shoot. Instead turnover. Her second half was better but certainly not as good as last two games. Nika moving up on the assists board. Shade a bit iffy on defense in first half but was a real spark in the second half. KK had probably one of her worst games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom