UConn commits go head-to-head as rivals Southington, Glastonbury clash again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn commits go head-to-head as rivals Southington, Glastonbury clash again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very impressed by his toughness tonight myself, Uncle Greathusky.
Trust me this kid is tough. He puts the time in the weight room and is very strong for his size. He was a very good wrestler till he had to give it up to concentrate on football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Trust me this kid is tough. He puts the time in the weight room and is very strong for his size. He was a very good wrestler till he had to give it up to concentrate on football.

Who is interested at the next level? Seems like NEC teams should be all over him. Central, Bryant, SHU...

Reaction Score
Who is interested at the next level? Seems like NEC teams should be all over him. Central, Bryant, SHU...
Not much interest in him which is surprising. He did miss most of the sophmore season with an ACL which maybe part of the problem.

He has had letters from Central and Bryant but not much more than that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not much interest in him which is surprising. He did miss most of the sophmore season with an ACL which maybe part of the problem.

He has had letters from Central and Bryant but not much more than that.

I don't pretend to be a scout but I've seen enough Central games to know he can play at that level.

Reaction Score
CPTV guys talked all night about Jay Rose coming to UCONN as a TE, never even mentioned QB. Misinformed or inside info?

Misinformed, that guy is a clown. Interesting how he ripped his own coached team for not finishing runs with authority. It may be true, but don't announce it to everyone watching TV. Ultimately, I do see Rose being a TE in college.

Reaction Score
Both UConn Futures played well. Dixon got dinged in the 4th quarter, but played on. His best play of the evening was when he rolled left (he throws right handed), was about to be tackled, & threw a dart 30 yards down field off of his back foot. Impressive.
Jay Rose was impressive, both as a throwing quarterback & as a runner.
The final seemed, to me at least, to be a matter of fatigue, as Glastonbury has many players that play both ways. Southington had fresher bodies in the end.

Reaction Score
I live literally a quarter mile from GHS. Would have loved to catch this but it was my brothers rehearsal dinner. Sounds like our guys (UCONN commits) availed themselves well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom