UConn Commits Boyle, Ormsby headed to Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl @Rentschler Field | The Boneyard

UConn Commits Boyle, Ormsby headed to Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl @Rentschler Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 10:32am via TweetDeck
Pair of #UConn football recruits to play in Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl at Rentschler Field tomorrow Post original url/19CvmnA

>>Two members of UConn's freshman class will get a chance to step onto the field they will call home for the next four or five years on Saturday.

Tim Boyle, a quarterback out of Xavier High, and former Windsor High defensive end Cole Ormsby are set to take part in the Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Rentschler Field.

Boyle will play for the National Guard squad while Ormsby is a member of the Marines squad.<<

Note - The all-star game for high school seniors replaces the Connecticut-Rhode Island Governor's Cup, which Connecticut had won 10 years in a row.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...l-all-star-game-0629-20130628,0,3605818.story

>>Incoming UConn freshman quarterback and former Xavier-Middletown standout Tim Boyle has a modest goal he'd like to accomplish Saturday in the CHSCA Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl (4:30 p.m) at Rentschler Field.

"I want to go out there and enjoy my last high school game and have a good experience, continue the undefeated record I have at Rentschler, hopefully go 4-0," Boyle said. "It's competitive, but it's me enjoying my last game at this level. My last game [state title win over Glastonbury] was a championship game, so there was a lot of stress and pressure. ... Obviously, I'm a competitive kid but I'm going to enjoy my time at Rentschler."<<

>>Boyle said he wants to show "UConn fans what they're going to get. ... I do expect a decent amount of UConn fans there, so it would be good to see them there, to see what they have for me and they can see what I have for them. It's definitely a little bit of pressure, playing in your home stadium, but what good players don't like pressure?<<

>>"In the past six months I've learned so much from [UConn quarterbacks coach Shane Day], and I'm just going to try to apply what I've learned in this high school game setting, reading coverages, stuff I've recently learned more in depth at the college level," Boyle said." I'm going to try and put that in effect so I do have that one game under my belt where I can say I practiced that and I saw it at game speed<<

+1000 for style points~

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...l-all-star-game-0629-20130628,0,3605818.story

>>Incoming UConn freshman quarterback and former Xavier-Middletown standout Tim Boyle has a modest goal he'd like to accomplish Saturday in the CHSCA Hall of Fame Classic Military Bowl (4:30 p.m) at Rentschler Field.

"I want to go out there and enjoy my last high school game and have a good experience, continue the undefeated record I have at Rentschler, hopefully go 4-0," Boyle said. "It's competitive, but it's me enjoying my last game at this level. My last game [state title win over Glastonbury] was a championship game, so there was a lot of stress and pressure. ... Obviously, I'm a competitive kid but I'm going to enjoy my time at Rentschler."<<

>>Boyle said he wants to show "UConn fans what they're going to get. ... I do expect a decent amount of UConn fans there, so it would be good to see them there, to see what they have for me and they can see what I have for them. It's definitely a little bit of pressure, playing in your home stadium, but what good players don't like pressure?<<

>>"In the past six months I've learned so much from [UConn quarterbacks coach Shane Day], and I'm just going to try to apply what I've learned in this high school game setting, reading coverages, stuff I've recently learned more in depth at the college level," Boyle said." I'm going to try and put that in effect so I do have that one game under my belt where I can say I practiced that and I saw it at game speed<<

+1000 for style points~

"I want to go out there and enjoy my last high school game and have a good experience, continue the undefeated record I have at Rentschler.

Love this kid more and more every time I read a quote. Haven't heard much from young mister Lagow lately but can't wait to see our QB competitions the next 5-7 years.

Cochran-Lagow-Boyle-Marchi, in no particular order?

First time I can remember that the QB position was at the bottom of the list of my concerns.

Reaction Score
MikePucciNHR 4:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
Boyle's pass goes off WRs hands and picked by Swain for the Marines. #cthsfb

NHRJimFuller 5:41pm via Twitter for iPhone
Great throw by #Uconn bound QB Tim Boyle for 29-yard TD

NHRJimFuller 6:11pm via Tout Industries
UConn bound Cole Ormsny with big hit (http://www.tout.com/m/w10ay9?ref=tw2300qn)

NHRJimFuller 6:33pm via Twitter for iPhone
Tim Boyle with 14- yard TD run

MikePucciNHR 7:19pm via Twitter for iPhone
Xavier's Tim Boyle named Nat Guard OFF MVP #cthsfb

29sonski 7:17pm via Twitter for Android
"@CTHSFB: NG wins 15-14" @T_Boyle_07 still undefeated at the Rent

From the below article about Marchi @ game...

>>Boyle was 14 of 28 passing with 102 yards with one touchdown passes and two interceptions and also had a 14-yard scoring run in the game to earn offensive MVP honors for the National Guard squad.<<

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/06/uconn-commit-takes-in-all-star-game-at.html

Reaction Score
Boyle Shines in All-Star Game (John Silver)

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/boyle-shines-in-all-star-game/

>>Boyle’s first touchdown was a 29-yard toss that was beautifully thrown to New London’s Sam Miranda on a wheel route down the left sideline. Miranda had two steps and Boyle read through his progressions and hit Miranda in stride for the touchdown. The play developed as a thing of beauty and Miranda didn’t have to break stride down the field.

The second touchdown showcased great athleticism and footwork. Boyle rushed for 14-yards on a naked bootleg making defender miss as he turned the corner up the right sideline. Boyle isn’t a runner, but he showed an ability to get out of the pocket, throw with force off the back foot when pressured, and at 6-foot-4 looks like a classic quarterback. In postgame interviews, Boyle is articulate and shows polish.<<

John Silver (@JohnFSilver)
6/29/13, 9:55 PM
Impressed with Tim Boyle today. I don't look at production, love the arm and footwork. Has all the tools. UConn's in a good spot.

John Silver (@JohnFSilver)
6/29/13, 9:56 PM
Also, caught up with Cole Ormsby of Windsor. He looked like a different person. He's up to 250 pounds. He looked strong. Liked his motor.

Reaction Score
Liked what I saw of Boyle today as well. Only saw the first half and have to agree he throws well off his back foot and showed his arm strength.

He didn't really have much to work with and scrambled a lot and had an int that went right through the WR's hands .

He very much looked the part. The first thing I noticed was his height. A tall QB. Got to love it.

Reaction Score
Boyle leads National Guard to win in Military Bowl

"Tim is excellent. I've never seen a quarterback like that before," said Pelletier, who converted two critical third downs on screen passes from Boyle during the eventual game-winning drive. "He was the best quarterback I've ever played with and it was great working with him."

http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/ar...nal-Guard-to-win-in-Military-Bowl-4638487.php

Reaction Score
Ormsby On The Fast Track (John Silver)

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/ormsby-on-the-fast-track-marchi-waiting/

>>He has terrific leverage with long arms and showed strength and speed with several tackles trailing a running back. That showcases a good motor and instinct to get back into the play after the running back gets past the line. Ormsby didn’t get to sack his teammate Boyle however, something he was hoping to do.

“It was a fun day,” Ormsby said. (Boyle)is very athletic and had a good offensive line. We were talking about it at UConn, so if I get a chance I am going to hit you. I was going to hit him up top and make him feel it. But, it didn’t happen.”<<

Reaction Score
Ormsby On The Fast Track (John Silver)

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/ormsby-on-the-fast-track-marchi-waiting/

>>He has terrific leverage with long arms and showed strength and speed with several tackles trailing a running back. That showcases a good motor and instinct to get back into the play after the running back gets past the line. Ormsby didn’t get to sack his teammate Boyle however, something he was hoping to do.

“It was a fun day,” Ormsby said. (Boyle)is very athletic and had a good offensive line. We were talking about it at UConn, so if I get a chance I am going to hit you. I was going to hit him up top and make him feel it. But, it didn’t happen.”<<

I hope our coaches are smart enough to make sure that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom