UConn/Cincy game thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cincy game thread

Reaction Score
They drove the field with 1 minute left and scored and made some great plays. What the heck more do you want?
That’s what good teams do! Do you want to know what bad teams do? Get a taunting penalty on last play of the game and then CHOKE on the extra point.

It doesn’t really matter anyway. Coaches decide to try to run out the clock instead of pressing. I mean if your going to have big balls and go for two on the last play, you might as well go balls out for the fourth quarter.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
No, our fault. Just not on HM. That Point After has to be made. Not to mention the game never should have been that close.
The stupid penalty wasn't the only mistake we made. There were many others. But there was a lot of good that happened today, too.

Reaction Score
They drove the field with 1 minute left and scored and made some great plays. What the heck more do you want?

Honestly, if this was the standard you had for this game as it played out than just shut the whole thing down.

Reaction Score
That’s what good teams do! Do you want to know what bad teams do? Get a taunting penalty on last play of the game and then CHOKE on the extra point.

It doesn’t really matter anyway. Coaches decide to try to run out the clock instead of pressing. I mean if your going to have big balls and go for two on the last play, you might as well go balls out for the fourth quarter.
Lots of mistakes. Playing in a protective shell is no way to win.

Reaction Score
It was childish to say anything.

I may be off, but I am guessing you never made a big play in a big game.

Whatever. We lost, doesn't much matter why. But watch that game again, and I am sure you will easily find other celebrations by both teams that didn't even draw a glance from the refs. This wasn't the first quarter. No good ref makes that call in that situation.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if this was the standard you had for this game as it played out than just shut the whole thing down.
They are a losing team in transition to learning how to win. A little context helps. Yes, it was infuriating and inexcusable. But, they could have rolled over at 3-8 and packed in. They didn't.

Reaction Score
I may be off, but I am guessing you never made a big play in a big game.

Whatever. We lost, doesn't much matter why. But watch that game again, and I am sure you will easily find other celebrations by both teams that didn't even draw a glance from the refs. This wasn't the first quarter. No good ref makes that call in that situation.
Jesus, are you Hergy's dad or something? He made a big mistake, it shouldn't be that hard to admit it.

Reaction Score
They are a losing team in transition to learning how to win. A little context helps. Yes, it was infuriating and inexcusable. But, they could have rolled over at 3-8 and packed in. They didn't.

Yeah, but their kicker arguably cost them 3 wins. The only good they can take from this is the resolution that they need a new kicker for next year.

Reaction Score

Transition or not, you will not get a more winnable football game than was just played and they still found every which way to lose it.

Reaction Score
Act like you been there Hergy. That pushed the ball back and took away a regular XP and turned it into a field goal.

He hasn't been there. When was the last time we went 93 yards to score in less than 2 minutes?

Reaction Score
Jesus, are you Hergy's dad or something? He made a big mistake, it shouldn't be that hard to admit it.

No, I am your dad, but that is beside the point.

I don't think it was worth a flag. Ok if you disagree.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Standing over a guy after a play jaw flapping is a penalty and called quite often.
One of the many things than needs to change is that the showboating after making a merely competent play whist getting toasted with alarming regularity has to end. I'm talking directly to the secondary waving incomplete every time the opposing QB overthrows one when they are consistently giving up 3rd and forever conversions.

If you want to showboat, then earn. This team is at the opposite end of that threshold.

Reaction Score
Transition or not, you will not get a more winnable football game than was just played and they still found every which way to lose it.
We are not a good team. We are a team making modest steps towards improvement in fits and starts. That became obvious over the past month. The D is a major issue and replacing Crocker should be job 1 along with finding some football players that want to stick their nose in the runner's chest and find ways to be in plays.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Deserves it just for wearing an apple watch on the poster. Tom Brady wouldn't be caught dead wearing that. Even he wears an ugly self titled Tag Heuer.

Reaction Score
We are not a good team. We are a team making modest steps towards improvement in fits and starts. That became obvious over the past month. The D is a major issue and replacing Crocker should be job 1 along with finding some football players that want to stick their nose in the runner's chest and find ways to be in plays.

We we're a better team than Cincinnati for most of the game! They are not a good team either!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Had to go offline there - I was thinking it would be an OT game when there was around 5 minutes left and then both offenses scored. Who would have thunk it?

What a way to lose another game. This team gives me agita.

Does this count as a Nostical win?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The biggest thing that bothered me today, and it will likely bother me for quite some time, was the apparent avoidance of using Arkeel all day. If you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know that he is still our 3rd leading receiver in terms of yards and our second leading rusher in terms of yards (by only a handful), and the guy missed multiple games.

He's our best offensive weapon. And on a day that we really could have used some offense, we didn't go to him at all. He had two carries and no passes (one pass with a penalty) today. WTF??? On his last day as a Husky? Really?!?

That's going to bother me for a long while...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom