UConn/Cincy game thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cincy game thread

Reaction Score
The biggest thing that bothered me today, and it will likely bother me for quite some time, was the apparent avoidance of using Arkeel all day. If you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know that he is still our 3rd leading receiver in terms of yards and our second leading rusher in terms of yards (by only a handful), and the guy missed multiple games.

He's our best offensive weapon. And on a day that we really could have used some offense, we didn't go to him at all. He had two carries and no passes (one pass with a penalty) today. WTF??? On his last day as a Husky? Really?!?

That's going to bother me for a long while...

Still feeling the injury maybe?

Reaction Score
Bottom line:

We are better now than in 2016. And we'll be better in 2018 than we are now.
Not sure I agree with this. Maybe marginally better? The team was as much of an embarssment this year as they were last year. My daughter - home on break from Notre Dame walks into the house as I’m watching the 4th quarter and asks me “why are you watching this?” I chuckled “good question”.

I applaud all of us for staying loyal all year and continuing to support the team. I’ll be back next year. But I’m not as optimistic about improvement.

Reaction Score
I just don't know anymore.

After watching an unbelievable game between USF/UCF last night, the biggest fumble was the commentators suggesting UC/UConn it was a great game and everything they expected. ......
I guess if you were expecting a good HS championship game you got it.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The biggest thing that bothered me today, and it will likely bother me for quite some time, was the apparent avoidance of using Arkeel all day. If you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know that he is still our 3rd leading receiver in terms of yards and our second leading rusher in terms of yards (by only a handful), and the guy missed multiple games.

He's our best offensive weapon. And on a day that we really could have used some offense, we didn't go to him at all. He had two carries and no passes (one pass with a penalty) today. WTF??? On his last day as a Husky? Really?!?

That's going to bother me for a long while...
I’m bothered that your your bothered lol ... cheer up cuz , that last drive was rock solid with old red pants ‘ lineup, if Bobby D was still here we would of scored on ourselves

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I may be off, but I am guessing you never made a big play in a big game.

Whatever. We lost, doesn't much matter why. But watch that game again, and I am sure you will easily find other celebrations by both teams that didn't even draw a glance from the refs. This wasn't the first quarter. No good ref makes that call in that situation.
My son plays college football. In high school, he played football and soccer. He's never trash talked anyone.

Yes, I agree it was a classic case of over-officiating.

Reaction Score
My son plays college football. In high school, he played football and soccer. He's never trash talked anyone.

It doesn't matter. Your kicker can never choke. Make it, miss it, fine. Don't choke. This kid has cost Uconn wins all by himself next year.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the argument is surrounding the ECU and Cincy games plus the fact that if there aren't enough 6 win teams 5-7 teams get invites based on APR scores.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the argument is surrounding the ECU and Cincy games plus the fact that if there aren't enough 6 win teams 5-7 teams get invites based on APR scores.

There will be no 5-7 bowl teams this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah (and we aren't the top 5 win team either).. just trying to come up with a plausible argument to support allbite's statement.

Reaction Score
Just got home from a 5+ hr trip home from Cape Cod and going to see my buddy to pay respects after he buried his dad today...My take on the game: had to listen to it on the radio...thanks to the football god's for satellite radio...team sounded like they played hard and the game was fun to listen to...the end was a microcosm to Tarbutt's season...Joe D is a buffoon I now rank him with Sterling and Waldmann as the WORST sports radio announcers known to man...Danny O was excellent doing color. It's time for Benedict to relegate Joe D to one sport and get him off the air for football.

Reaction Score
My brother was all radio today as well - he thought Danny did very well without being too much of a “homer”.
I like Wayne Norman..and grew up listening to him on WILI but Danny was off the charts today with what he added. He and Switzer really added some great stuff and together made a really good pair. Joe D on the other hand...it was amateur hour at it's finest..the guy needs to go!

Reaction Score
Just got home from a 5+ hr trip home from Cape Cod and going to see my buddy to pay respects after he buried his dad today...My take on the game: had to listen to it on the radio...thanks to the football god's for satellite radio...team sounded like they played hard and the game was fun to listen to...the end was a microcosm to Tarbutt's season...Joe D is a buffoon I now rank him with Sterling and Waldmann as the WORST sports radio announcers known to man...Danny O was excellent doing color. It's time for Benedict to relegate Joe D to one sport and get him off the air for football.
Thank you. I cannot stand listening to Joe D do football.

Reaction Score
Yeah (and we aren't the top 5 win team either).. just trying to come up with a plausible argument to support allbite's statement.
The 1 positive that comes from this...maybe HCRE makes sure that MT does not victimize the team again next year.

Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with this. Maybe marginally better? The team was as much of an embarssment this year as they were last year. My daughter - home on break from Notre Dame walks into the house as I’m watching the 4th quarter and asks me “why are you watching this?” I chuckled “good question”.

I applaud all of us for staying loyal all year and continuing to suppoCrt the team. I’ll be back next year. But I’m not as optimistic about improvement.
C'mon - Edsall did a way better job than Fiasco. Forget the record.

Reaction Score
In defense of Tarbut, Cinci had an unimpeded end rusher from his right who almost blocked the kick. He instinctively flinched and hooked left to keep it from being blocked. You almost can't blame him although kickers are taught to focus only on the ball.

Reaction Score

How do you play football and soccer in high school? Both sports take place during the fall season.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
How do you play football and soccer in high school? Both sports take place during the fall season.
Soccer is a "spring" sport in Texas, played January to March. But he played on a club team (select/travel soccer) which at the highest levels is equal to or better than most high school soccer.

The club teams play and practice 50 weeks out of the year. We were allowed one week off in July and one week off at Christmas. Playing a soccer schedule in the fall with football was very difficult. He was worn out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom