UConn CF Billy Ferriter Brings Football Mentality To Diamond | The Boneyard

UConn CF Billy Ferriter Brings Football Mentality To Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a little different story to start your Wednesday.
I don't remember reading about this young man, but as New Hampshire's Gatorade Player of the Year in football, it seems he could have had a bright future as a member of the UConn football team. But then he got a stinger (something that sidelined Scott Lutrus for awhile), and on the advice of his doctors decided instead to pursue college baseball at UConn. "He's just so intense," said LJ Mazzilli, UConn's second baseman. "He runs hard all the time, runs everything out, diving for everything. He plays through any bumps or bruises. That's where the football player comes out, I think." Sounds like he's doing well . Good for him. And one more thing - he's from Nashua...they've got some good athletic talent coming from there...think Kendall Reyes. I wonder if they knew or played against each other?
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-baseball-feature-0421-20120420,0,3389264.story

Reaction Score
Cool story, thanks.

FYI: I'm about 99% sure, without looking it up, that Jerome Dyson was a fantastic football player in high school, also in New Hampshire. Transferred to a prep school up there from Washington, DC area. Jim Calhoun, who rarely will give props for a player's toughness, talked very openly about how he physical Dyson played basketball especially on defense. It took a toll on his body too, at UConn, but I think he's finally starting to play roundball like a roundball player rather than a football player, and has been averaging some good minutes with New Orleans this past month.

Reaction Score
I believe their coach likes having multi-sport athletes on his team. The more pressure situations faced, the better one is able to handle them in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom