UConn @ Boston College (Friday 2/11/22 @ Kelly Rink @ 7p on NESN+/CollegeSportsLive) | The Boneyard

UConn @ Boston College (Friday 2/11/22 @ Kelly Rink @ 7p on NESN+/CollegeSportsLive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mike Cavanaugh's Weekly Media availability:

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 1h
Cavanaugh: "I thought we played a pretty complete game on Tuesday, but that's not going to help us tomorrow night vs. the Eagles."

Cavanaugh on Boston College: "It's going to be a challenge for us."

Cavanaugh on the team's success: "We have some great seniors. ... They understand what it takes to win."

Cavanaugh on Darion Hanson: "It's a kid who's played a lot of hockey. ... When you have a goaltender you really believe in, it makes the game a lot easier."

Cavanaugh on the team scoring goals off rebounds: "That's a focal point of our team."

Cavanaugh on Jachym Kondelik: "He's really blossomed into a great hockey player and a high-end potential to play in the National Hockey League."

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports1h
Cavanaugh: "We've scored six goals in back-to-back games, and I don't think anyone has two in a game. ... That shows to me that we have a lot of depth."

Cavanaugh on Ryan Tverberg: "It's nice to get Ryan going. ... He scored another great goal the other night."

Cavanaugh: "I've liked all four of our lines."

Cavanaugh highlights Jon Spetz, Jake Flynn and Roman Kinal as defensemen playing critical roles at this point of the season.

Cavanaugh: "If you're just relying on 1-2 lines, there's going to be nights when they're going to get shut down."

Cavanaugh: "I was really pleased with how physical and complete their game was."

Daniel Connolly @DanielVConnolly 1h
Mike Cavanaugh on UConn's power play: "It kept me up the other night."

Cavanaugh on the power play: "I like the energy of our power play. I like how they're performing in practice. ... It's only a matter of time before the power play is scoring big goals."

Cavanaugh does not expect anyone to miss Friday's game against Boston College.

Reaction Score

>> Alternate access link here if needed <<

-> Kondelik had a short list of schools, visiting UConn and Boston University. Goalie Tomas Vomacka, also from Czechia, was going to UConn, and they talked of going to school together.

“I loved that they were in Hockey East. I loved the coaching staff. I spent a day around the guys and liked how they were like brothers to each other,” Kondelik said. “I decided to go to UConn.”

He has played in 116 games for the Huskies, scoring 26 goals with 69 assists, the 95 points tying Max Letunov for most as a Husky in the Hockey East era (2014 to the present). He could be the first to reach 100 career points under Cavanaugh.

“Watching him grow has been fantastic,” Cavanaugh said. “He has really blossomed into not only a great college player, but I think with really high-end potential to play in the National Hockey League.” <-

Reaction Score

>> Alternate access link here if needed <<

-> Kondelik had a short list of schools, visiting UConn and Boston University. Goalie Tomas Vomacka, also from Czechia, was going to UConn, and they talked of going to school together.

“I loved that they were in Hockey East. I loved the coaching staff. I spent a day around the guys and liked how they were like brothers to each other,” Kondelik said. “I decided to go to UConn.”

He has played in 116 games for the Huskies, scoring 26 goals with 69 assists, the 95 points tying Max Letunov for most as a Husky in the Hockey East era (2014 to the present). He could be the first to reach 100 career points under Cavanaugh.

“Watching him grow has been fantastic,” Cavanaugh said. “He has really blossomed into not only a great college player, but I think with really high-end potential to play in the National Hockey League.” <-

Have I died and gone to Heaven? A feature article in tomorrow's Courant about UConn hockey!

Reaction Score
^ SETTING THE SCENE^
• The schools have split the first two meetings of their regular season series and the winner tonight will own the tiebreaker heading into the postseason
• The Eagles are one point ahead of UNH for eighth in the league and 10 points behind the No. 5 seed, which is the final first round bye for the Hockey East Tournament
• UConn is tied for third in the standings with 32 points through 17 league games

Media Coverage:
TV:
NESNplus Eric Gallanty (pxp), Andrew Raycroft (color)
Video: NESN.com / CollegeSportsLive.com(Outside New England)
Live Stats: BCEagles.com

Reaction Score
Just wanted to point out BC is not ranked 18th, or ranked at all. Probably just a cut and paste thing from a game earlier this season, but it did make me check the rankings. Good to see UConn getting some votes, just 4 spots outside the top 20.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to point out BC is not ranked 18th, or ranked at all. Probably just a cut and paste thing from a game earlier this season, but it did make me check the rankings. Good to see UConn getting some votes, just 4 spots outside the top 20.
100% correct - grabbed title thread from last game and just updated date/time. My bad.

Reaction Score
Anyone planning to attend? Conte is 10 minutes away from me so might head over tonight.

Reaction Score
I will be there with a small group of UConn fans. Any recommendations on which section we should try to sit in?

Reaction Score
Big game for UConn tonight. A win and a Umass loss would put the huskies tied for second with BU

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Let’s gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Excited Lets Go GIF

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Can’t afford to take these guys lightly…hell, we can’t afford to take anyone lightly for the rest of the year. Cav has to keep these boys focused on the prize. Could this finally be our Dream Season?

You Got This Never Give Up GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Pretty goal for Kondelik 2-1! Just when they were talking about his goal scoring.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We have a shootout…BC ties it at 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads