UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a sneaky suspicion this is because of XL situation
Probably. I don't really understand what the goal is here. The AD states they are losing money putting UConn Athletics in Hartford, the programs are losing priority to a minor league hockey team that few care about, and forcing games to be pushed from Saturday to Sunday going against NFL football to appease said hockey program they have to pay for the pleasure of calling Hartford home (allegedly). And this is all for a building 20 years past its prime that is just about ready to be torn down. I dont see how politicians in Hartford find this to be a suitable partnership. What are we doing here.

Reaction Score
Probably. I don't really understand what the goal is here. The AD states they are losing money putting UConn Athletics in Hartford, the programs are losing priority to a minor league hockey team that few care about, and forcing games to be pushed from Saturday to Sunday going against NFL football to appease said hockey program they have to pay for the pleasure of calling Hartford home (allegedly). And this is all for a building 20 years past its prime that is just about ready to be torn down. I dont see how politicians in Hartford find this to be a suitable partnership. What are we doing here.
Providence also shares an arena with a minor league hockey team. So not sure we can blame that on the Sunday games.

Reaction Score
Providence also shares an arena with a minor league hockey team. So not sure we can blame that on the Sunday games.
Yes, but we should be the boss in that relationship. They should not be dictating dates to us. As long as we have the ex politicians in the CRDA serving as a valueless middle men both at XL and The Rent spooning off money and isssing it along to their cronies - nothing will work at those locations fir UConn.
# ChiefBeingReal

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
These guys just suck at doing deals.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to own the XL and The Rent and take responsibility for the success or failure at both locations.

Chief is even willing to take that job on for UConn.

caw

Reaction Score
Very winnable schedule. There aren't any real death stretches like last year. 7 weekend home games.

H- Creighton
@Nova
H- Xavier
H-Providence
@St. John's

Kinda tough, but 3/5 at home and who knows how good Nova/St John's will be.

Marquette
@Creighton
Villanova

Tough games, but again 2/3 home. It's a short turn-aorund to Creighton (Sat to Tues), so maybe pencil that one in as a loss.

We finish @Marq and then @Prov.. Both senior nights. Probably at least 1 loss here, but whatever.

Maybe not a death stretch but that last six is tough.

Marquette
@Creighton
Nova
SHU
@Marquette
@PC

That’s likely 4 top 25 games and @PC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for doing the checks ! It always seems too long.
Over the last 10 years, this point in the football season has me looking forward to the start of the basketball season.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

CL82

Reaction Score
Well, last year's Wolfpack had their best attendance in over a decade so I can see why the CDRA would want to give deference to them over the Huskies. :rolleyes:

Hartford averaged 4,647 fans in 36 home games and have drawn the highest season average since the 2010-11 season. However, the 2010-11 season drew more as the team hosted an outdoor game, which skewed numbers higher. If you exclude that, then the Rangers affiliate has drawn the highest attendance since the 2006-07 season.

Reaction Score
Well, last year's Wolfpack had their best attendance in over a decade so I can see why the CDRA would want to give deference to them over the Huskies. :rolleyes:

Hartford averaged 4,647 fans in 36 home games and have drawn the highest season average since the 2010-11 season. However, the 2010-11 season drew more as the team hosted an outdoor game, which skewed numbers higher. If you exclude that, then the Rangers affiliate has drawn the highest attendance since the 2006-07 season.
I'm interested to see if attendance is hurt by the new Friday nite hot dog price. From $1 to $2 SMH

Reaction Score

But when you hear UConn complain about all the fixed costs about an XL event, one wonders how 4,647 attendance navigates that threshold or perhaps it doesn’t need to, since the goal may be player development not any game day profit?
Is any event venue with the CDRA involved actually profitable?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
they still owe the XL a cheap beer night.

How do you figure that? That would be on XL not UConn. XL keeps concessions. UConn has zero say in that. So actually if you want cheap beer at XL you need to petition them, not UConn. Don't hold your breath.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But when you hear UConn complain about all the fixed costs about an XL event, one wonders how 4,647 attendance navigates that threshold or perhaps it doesn’t need to, since the goal may be player development not any game day profit?
Or UConn is full of shirt.

CL82

Reaction Score
Is any event venue with the CDRA involved actually profitable?
I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the Wolfpack pays significantly less for the use of the XL than Connecticut does.

As far as I am aware the CDRA has never shown a profit in any venture it was involved in. That's a pretty telling indictment of them and probably the most salient of the many reasons why the agency should be disbanded.

Even diverting an estimated $7 1/2 million dollars a year from the University, the CDRA's shows a multi million dollar loss every year. How is that acceptable?

Reaction Score
How do you figure that? That would be on XL not UConn. XL keeps concessions. UConn has zero say in that. So actually if you want cheap beer at XL you need to petition them, not UConn. Don't hold your breath.
eh, that doesn't hold any water. They've run specials at The Rent in the Big East days.

Reaction Score
Nah all home games have TBD next too it. I would take it all with a grain of salt as it has every single OOC home game in Storrs at the moment.
Make it so.

Reaction Score
I mean it can't take more than a few days to decide what venue the games are at...right?

Reaction Score
I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the Wolfpack pays significantly less for the use of the XL than Connecticut does.

As far as I am aware the CDRA has never shown a profit in any venture it was involved in. That's a pretty telling indictment of them and probably the most salient of the many reasons why the agency should be disbanded.

Even diverting an estimated $7 1/2 million dollars a year from the University, the CDRA's shows a multi million dollar loss every year. How is that acceptable?
Not an argument for or against the organization, but aren't they a non-profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom