UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 70 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
It has been a few years since UConn Storrs got a transfer from Avery Point. Nice to see it happen again. Used to be quite a pipeline.

Just did some checking. It seems that the last Avery Point transfer who played at UConn was outfielder Michael Chiovitti during the 2019-2020 seasons. Prior to that, it always seemed that UConn would have Avery Point player(s) pretty much every season.

Probably the Avery Point pipeline to Storrs died out as UConn recruiting started getting more talented recruits when the new baseball facilities opened and as UConn gradually got to be a bigger name in the sport of college baseball.

Reaction Score
WNEPBL Championship Game:
Salisbury 9, Canterbury 1
Salisbury’s Thomas Galusha (RHP) was dominant. The UConn commit allowed just four hits and one earned run, with 15 punchies, in the complete game victory.

Reaction Score
Overall, how do we feel about our recruits for next year? Hard to tell I know but any general thoughts? Especially people in the know? @dbmill etc

Reaction Score
Overall, how do we feel about our recruits for next year? Hard to tell I know but any general thoughts? Especially people in the know? @dbmill etc

Looking at the player ratings and comments by recruiting websites such as perfectgame.org, I'm inclined to say the overall quality of players coming into the program in future seasons does seem to be rising from past seasons. Also, UConn baseball currently has 4 transfers (3 JUCO's and 1 D3) coming in next season who have been mentioned on this recruiting thread. I would expect the number of transfers coming into the program will rise by the time UConn fall ball starts up in September, just have to find out who these transfer players are.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
6 rated player in Massachusetts. Rated a 9 on PG so he could be another mlb pluck with a big senior year.

We seem to have a preference for a smaller class of big fish (with transfers plugging in holes) instead of larger classes of under the radar gems. Edsall would be appalled.

Reaction Score
I am told Birchard is no longer committed UConn. I have not seen this reported here.

Well, you usually have good information on hand, so you very well may have the most up to date info on Ryan Birchard on this matter.

There have been times in the past where I go on the internet and look to see if players who have committed to UConn baseball are still committed. I don't do it constantly, but on occasion I get the urge to check on this sort of thing with certain players. I just did a quick search online, and I did not find any new information on Ryan Birchard and whether his commitment to UConn baseball still holds.

There is still old info that suggests that Birchard is still committed to UConn, but it could be that these sites don't have the most up to date info on this matter.

Prepbaseballreport.com and Perfectgame.org both still list Birchard as a UConn recruit. These websites are always right, as sometimes it takes quite a while for these websites to update info on recruits who have change their mind.

A player search of the Cape Cod League shows Birchard as playing for Brewster this summer, and they still list Birchard as being committed to UConn. This very well could be old info that has not yet been updated.

Reaction Score
I am told Birchard is no longer committed UConn. I have not seen this reported here.

Well, I looked a little more, and found this article that reports that Ryan Birchard is not joining UConn baseball this fall. This article was published last week.

<After decommitting from UConn earlier this month, Birchard must balance within the next couple weeks the pros and cons between pursuing Division I baseball next spring or entering the MLB draft on July 9, a childhood dream.>

Reaction Score
With the UConn baseball season now over, figure it is good time to provide the annual current summery of recruits who have been reported in this thread as having committed to UConn baseball. In the past, summer and fall have been a time when many such commitments are reported. There will probably be a number of transfers who will join UConn baseball for fall ball this September in addition to the recruits already listed.

High school Class of 2023

Anthony Belisario - OF
Michael Oates - C/OF
Brett Davino - SS
Robert Rispoli - SS/2B/OF
Tyler Minick - SS/RHP
Sean Finn - SS/RHP

Kyle Peters - RHP/Inf
Ben Schild - RHP
Tommy Turner - RHP
Thomas Galusha - RHP
Giovannni Conte - RHP