UConn Baseball Home Opener @ Elliot Ballpark vs. Central Connecticut (Tuesday 3/23/21 @ 3:00p. Streamed on Husky All Access/Audio on WHUS) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Home Opener @ Elliot Ballpark vs. Central Connecticut (Tuesday 3/23/21 @ 3:00p. Streamed on Husky All Access/Audio on WHUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A wins, a win!

5B31DBD3-F17E-4992-98C5-6564F4517DED.jpeg

Reaction Score
On the outfield hillside, some camping or beach chairs would appear to provide pretty good views. In days of yesteryear, I have some great memories of walking through the apple orchard and pine trees to watch soccer games played prior to the ex-Joe Morrone stadium's expansion. Not always the greatest views, but often a barrel or so lubrication.
Are they allowing people to sit in the outfield?? Or is that off limits too.

Reaction Score
No question Pat Gallagher pitched quite well today. I would have to think he is the odds on favorite at this point to be a weekend starter when the four game Big East conference weekends start up. It would seem from what Coach Penders said in the post game press conference that Kenny Haus has a chance to be that starter if Gallagher returns to having problems. I would suspect the the coaching staff would much prefer to keep Haus in the bullpen if Gallagher can show that he can at least do a decent job as a starter. With Gallagher's youth, I'm sure the coaches are hoping he can develop into a quality starter for future seasons as well. It would seem that Gallagher could use a shot of confidence, and I would think he might have gotten some from this start.

There is one thing I was disappointed in, but at least UConn got the win. Because the hitters were having a bad day in their new digs, UConn did not get any separation from Central in terms of the score. One thing I look forward to in these midweek games is that they often give an opportunity to some of the lesser used pitchers on the staff to get some game time on the mound and gain some actual game experience, and possibly impress the coaches with something. I like seeing these guys get a chance to do something that they might be able to build upon in future appearances. But because the game was tight, the coaching staff had to go with the front line guys out of the bullpen. That is certainly no criticism of the coaching staff, as they were doing what they had to do to get the win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holy cow he's lucky he didn't get really hurt! Why is the wall so short and why is it cement on the other side? I have no bearing for where this is in the field or why it was designed like that..maybe it makes sense in person but it seems like it isn't the safest set-up.

Reaction Score
... Why is the wall so short and why is it cement on the other side? I have no bearing for where this is in the field or why it was designed like that..maybe it makes sense in person but it seems like it isn't the safest set-up.
It’s a walkway that heads up and out to the berm/outfield.

1616547458312.png

Reaction Score
Thanks, that makes more sense. He'll be sore but he's lucky he didn't get really hurt.

Reaction Score
Are they allowing people to sit in the outfield?? Or is that off limits too.
No clue, but obstructed views may be available in the parking lot (abutting pine trees and old apple orchard behind McMahon dorm).

EDIT: Upon further review of the WTNH news video below (0:43), a group of people were seated on the hillside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01