UCONN Back to #10 on 2-26-24 AP Poll (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN Back to #10 on 2-26-24 AP Poll (merged)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I wonder if our number 2 Net Ranking is influencing voters? Right, wrong or indifferent, it's plausible

Six is a big jump sans a huge win

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn will move up a spot or two before the selection Sunday with conference tournaments leading to teams above us losing games, we may end up anywhere from 7-10.

With the committee trying to avoid teams from the same conference, we may end up in the same bracket as South Carolina, which is obviously the worst place to be in if your goal is to at least reach the final four. The committee may put a team ranked 7,8, or 9 in the overall top seed’s group as a second seed.

It’s going to be tricky.
Just a reminder that polls and rankings aren’t used by the seeding committee

Reaction Score
Just a reminder that polls and rankings aren’t used by the seeding committee
True, my point is that they'll likely land in the committee's 7-9 rank, which could have them put in the top overalls bracket, as a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
For us to avoid South Carolina we would need to move up to a to 6 or 7. I know that polls have nothing to do with seedings. We want to be the second or third best #2 seed come tournament time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For us to avoid South Carolina we would need to move up to a to 6 or 7. I know that polls have nothing to do with seedings. We want to be the second or third best #2 seed come tournament time.
Assuming that any championship run in the Big Dance goes through SC, I would much rather face the Gamecocks in one of the Albany Regionals if I were UConn, rather than facing them in the Final Four in Cleveland.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom