UCONN Back to #10 on 2-26-24 AP Poll (merged) | The Boneyard

UCONN Back to #10 on 2-26-24 AP Poll (merged)

Reaction Score
Direct Link to poll:

All seems reasonable except Stanford. Really feel they needed to drop more due to a loss to unranked Arizona. I realize they were playing without Brink, but if UConn lost to Arizona, it would have been a major drop!

Reaction Score
I have access to watch these teams across the country and I think we can beat a lot of them. From what I’ve seen, we get everyone’s A+ game because some of the teams we’ve lost to do not look like the same team when I’ve watched them in other games. Also in the tourney they will knock each other out, that’s what I’m seeing this year, so because of that we can have help getting back to the final four this year. Besides South Carolina the rankings haven’t meant much. Hate to put it on one player but our final four hopes rests Ice. She is going to be really good for us but we need her to be a presence down low now for us to move deep into the tourney. Even if it’s just rebounding. I noticed during DePaul Geno was playing her at times with the starters with KK out. That’s the lineup we will need against the really good teams to be successful and he knows it. If Ice steps up then I think it puts us in the final four at the very least.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
4E30FDA0-A7A9-4C53-A6D9-C8439B2236AE.jpeg

Reaction Score
All seems reasonable except Stanford. Really feel they needed to drop more due to a loss to unranked Arizona. I realize they were playing without Brink, but if UConn lost to Arizona, it would have been a major drop!
Everyone but Indiana and Va Tech ranked in the top 15 below Stanford have at least 5 losses. Net has Stanford ranked 4th and Massey has them ranked 3rd. Another one of Stanford’s starters was sick Friday and only played 3 minutes.

Maybe put Va Tech at 4th and Stanford 5th, but who else would you put ahead of Stanford?

Reaction Score
Ten is good, nine or eight not so good. I expect UConn to finish with 5 losses heading into the NCAA tournament which means they will most likely pass a few more teams along the way. I don't see them getting to 4 or 5 so that should bode will for match ups and if they end up 6-7 it would be perfect. The two teams they absolutely don't want to play until the end is Stanford and South Carolina because of the matchup problems.

UConn has two legit All Americans and they can take them a long way. Nika is going to have to play some tough one on one players too but she is up to the task. The other two though will be wild cards but they have played enough they can't be considered freshmen in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Stanford was without Brink, but Arizona only had 7 players available. Stanford was at home with a nine point lead late in the fourth quarter. I suppose Stanford benefited from all of the other top teams losing, but this loss was pretty bad.

Reaction Score
I keep noticing Utah. With 8 losses what is it that the voters know that isn't obvious?

Reaction Score
12 teams in the ACC would be at least 24-1 with that schedule.

Fwiw, Massey’s ratings have Fairfield at number 88. That puts them behind 13 ACC teams, which probably is fair. As many of you know, Massey’s modeling corporate the results of every game played by every team. Fairfield has a strength of schedule ranking of #305. Part of their problem is that recently they had very close games with three very weak teams.

Reaction Score
Going to need help to get to a 2 seed. Rooting for Fairfield to get into the top 25!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louisville lost twice last week and only dropped 2 places? Hammered by Virginia Tech and lost at home to Virginia. That's a far worse week than Stanford had. I see plenty of kvetching about Stanford, but not a peep about Louisville.

Reaction Score
Everyone but Indiana and Va Tech ranked in the top 15 below Stanford have at least 5 losses. Net has Stanford ranked 4th and Massey has them ranked 3rd. Another one of Stanford’s starters was sick Friday and only played 3 minutes.

Maybe put Va Tech at 4th and Stanford 5th, but who else would you put ahead of Stanford?
I agree definitely Va Tech has earned the spot, they have been looking great lately. To be fair, UCLA played Stanford without Betts, if you take into consideration Brink was out. And USC should be right up there because JuJu single-handedly beat Stanford with her 51 points. Also Stanford only having to play several of the top teams in the PAC 12 once comes to mind. I’m not a Stanford hater at all. A local friend from our area played for Stanford years ago. I think the AP has been too easy on Stanford this year.

Reaction Score
Louisville lost twice last week and only dropped 2 places? Hammered by Virginia Tech and lost at home to Virginia. That's a far worse week than Stanford had. I see plenty of kvetching about Stanford, but not a peep about Louisville.
I think Louisville also needed to drop a few more spots, but when you’re talking the top four spots, thats a different story. Now if Stanford wins their tournament, they’d deserve the spot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom