UConn at Minnesota Replay | The Boneyard

UConn at Minnesota Replay

Reaction Score
Disappointing game, especially for Beckers, shooting so poorly in front of that true home crowd.

Reaction Score
Some observations:

Ugly win but we are going to have many of those this year. GA working on combinations it seems contribution to some of that ugliness.

We scored 36 in the second half which isn’t terrible and none of it from Paige and of course Azzi didn’t play. So, we are trying to score when 2 of our three top scorers are not contributing. I think this may hurt any team’s offensive efficiency. Not to mention missing on 8 open shots from nika assists

I really like Q. Not sure what she did to piss GA off since he gave her only 5 minutes, but she can flat out play. Big games ahead for Q. Liked some of the offense from Ice but want a lot more in the paint and rebounding.

Shade was a little late on closeouts, giving up 3 three pointers, otherwise a good game. Refs gave KK three cheapie fouls on the perimeter. She will need to be careful about these in future.

AE finally got rid of the fumblitious and had a nice game. Wish she could clean up the TOs however.

Nika - On defense held her man to 2 for 10 shooting. We missed a lot of open shots. NM missed out on 8 assists as a result – she could have had as many as 11 assists. If we make at least half, she has 7 assists. She should have had 14 points if CD didn’t charge on the dish in the first half. Overall a really good game while having to play almost the entire game.

KCD

Reaction Score
Some observations:

Ugly win but we are going to have many of those this year. GA working on combinations it seems contribution to some of that ugliness.

We scored 36 in the second half which isn’t terrible and none of it from Paige and of course Azzi didn’t play. So, we are trying to score when 2 of our three top scorers are not contributing. I think this may hurt any team’s offensive efficiency. Not to mention missing on 8 open shots from nika assists

I really like Q. Not sure what she did to piss GA off since he gave her only 5 minutes, but she can flat out play. Big games ahead for Q. Liked some of the offense from Ice but want a lot more in the paint and rebounding.

Shade was a little late on closeouts, giving up 3 three pointers, otherwise a good game. Refs gave KK three cheapie fouls on the perimeter. She will need to be careful about these in future.

AE finally got rid of the fumblitious and had a nice game. Wish she could clean up the TOs however.

Nika - On defense held her man to 2 for 10 shooting. We missed a lot of open shots. NM missed out on 8 assists as a result – she could have had as many as 11 assists. If we make at least half, she has 7 assists. She should have had 14 points if CD didn’t charge on the dish in the first half. Overall a really good game while having to play almost the entire game.c
MJL, thanks for video. I really appreciate it.

I was at the game and noticed from the beginning that the energy was missing. The defense overall was good, but the girls were beaten back down the court several times. Minnesota would have 4 or 5 down on the offensive end and we would only have 2. Luckily they weren't able to take advantage most of the time. It seemed like everyone was waiting for Paige to do something spectacular and because she had an off night shooting the spark never came. Luckily Nika locked down Mara Braun (in addition to her having an uncharacteristically bad shooting night; I've never seen her shoot airballs before and she had several in the first half).

Despite the off game, everybody stuck with it and ground it out. And Paige seemed to really enjoy herself. She had a really nice reunion with Amaya Battle (former Hopkins teammate) after the game.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
@MJL243, do you expect to be able to post replays of the games in the Cayman Islands? Will FloHoops permit that?

Reaction Score
@MJL243, do you expect to be able to post replays of the games in the Cayman Islands? Will FloHoops permit that?
Yes, I plan on posting the games. I posted the games the last time FloHoops had them and they didn't say anything about it. For those who wonder about the quality of the broadcast; here is a link to one of the games:

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice on the starting line graphic for this game they had Paige as a Jr?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom