UCONN Arizona Strategy | The Boneyard

UCONN Arizona Strategy

Reaction Score
Get more points than Az, but seriously they have Ayton down there and I’m concerned about KO continuing to push this 3 guard offense. Gotta have some size on the floor. We need to compete on the glass to have any chance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I fear that Ollie will be playing checkers while Sean Miller will be playing chess with the delete function on his text messages.

FIFY
#FBInvestigation

Reaction Score
How about the team playing with passion and purpose and not start the game with a double digit deficit.

C'mon KO, we're counting on you!

This. We may not be able to play with them, but that's not the point. I don't expect all our execution problems to be solved at once, but coming off this break I just want to see them start playing full out every possession for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
This. We may not be able to play with them, but that's not the point. I don't expect all our execution problems to be solved at once, but coming off this break I just want to see them start playing full out every possession for 40 minutes.

In all seriousness, how long do you have to practice to learn how to play with effort?

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, how long do you have to practice to learn how to play with effort?

That's the point. And there's not much KO can do. Players have to want to play hard as a team. (And before the complaining starts, yes, everything is the coach's responsibility ultimately, but that's different than thinking there's something magical he can do about it.)

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Pass ball around for 27 seconds on the perimeter, take shot or drive

I know you are being mocking, but thats actually a sound strategy for this one. Provide we can score more times than not. (and thats a hard thing to provide for right now) . Limiting Arizona's offensive touches and shortening the game is a great strategy. Less defensive possessions is less tiring. And this edition of the UConn Huskies is not going to win either a Track meet or an Offensive half court back and forth with Zona unless we can limit their opportunities on the offensive end, because if they get a lot of shots up they are going to eat us alive on the glass.

Reaction Score
If Sean Miller is as good of a coach as he is supposed to be, but has fallen short thus far, then they should handle us in a fashion many here will call even harder for KO's head. Watching them they are one of the, if not THE, most talented teams in college and possess depth in all spots. The only answer for Ayton we have is lots of fouls, he's a man among boys if Sean uses him right. They have shooters, rebounders on both ends and can get up and down the court plus they will be home.

If we're competitive in this one I will be surprised. People need to step up in a big way on both ends of the court. Larrier can't get 1 rebound in 30 minutes like last game and he and JA have to guard people hard. As jibsey said there can't be much 3 guard line ups or it will get ugly. Never know, love to see the kids all step up and surprise.

Reaction Score
While I do agree that the tweet is a bit douchey, it is still humorous regardless of your feelings on Ollie’s future status at the university. Certainly a funny take on the frustration we have felt with the offense for a while now.

Ok I tend to look at it as KO is stupid, not about offense. But if you're happy with it then by all means.

I'm frustrated but he's our coach like it or not, to continue on the trend of the idiots who never have anything good to say is rather shallow. Give up on the coach, give up on the kids.

Reaction Score

Actually, don't shoot it......have someone jump up with the ball, touch the rim to reset the shot clock & get it back out to run another shot clock....repeat multiple times like a NASCAR race.... ..miss the last shot at the buzzer & go in a half tied 0-0 rather than 8 behind......

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I’ve been away a lot the last month and am just catching up on some tapes. I watched the Oregon game yesterday and have seen enough of the others to notice a difference throughout most of that game in good intensity compare to other games where the intensity is inconsistent. I totally agree, that even if the execution is bumpy, the intensity makes a difference and it might produce a few unexpected Ws. Getting execution and intensity on the plus side at the same time would be great. There are some teams we can’t beat, but it shouldn’t be for lack of commitment.

Reaction Score
sadly this would be an improvement over the normal offense of dribble at the top of the key for 27 seconds before taking a forced contested shot. at least if they pass it the defense might have to move a bit.

Reaction Score
That's roughly what they do anyways...give or take..followed by no offensive rebounding then shuffling back on D

Reaction Score
Dude, are you serious? You throw the kids under the bus on the regular. At least the guy I take shots at is a grown man making $3M/yr.

Under the bus? I tell the truth about how a kid is playing how hard they are working and I’m not wrong, well sometimes maybe. But if they aren’t playing hard they make their coach look worst and that has happened like it or not. Well I take that back because you haven’t talked basketball like your buddies bass and SJ just “Fire Ollie” posts so keep being proud of knowing there’s 20 games plus left and you’ve given up on the season. If you’re Lucky maybe your pals will throw you in the pivot?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom