UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
This was the guy they were praying they wouldn’t lose. I’d be very interested here, kids a baller.

Yea I don’t really want him for fit reasons but this is really the only returnee they were all excited about. What a lovely development.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'll throw a name out for fun. Nate Santos from Dayton. Played locally at Loomis. I could be wrong on his game as I only caught pieces of 2 of his games but his numbers look very good. 42% from three on almost 4 attempts per game. 6'7. If he can D up would love to have him. No idea if he can or wants to try and level up. Dayton had a great year but would love to see what Hurley could do with him.
He went to Loomis but his family is from Illinois. Very talented family. His sister also hooped and played for the Puerto Rico national team.

Reaction Score
Interesting development. This kid, Omaha Biliew, was the #10 overall 2023 recruit and a McDonald's All-American. If we can't get the current year's All-Americans, maybe last year's.... ;)

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The more I've watched Wolf, the less I want him. I just don't think he's a good fit. I'd like someone with more athleticism. Just my opinion. Don't be hatin'.
IMHO number one criteria that has led to our success the last two years is basketball IQ. This year we have six with BBIA in spades. Wolf also seems to have a high BBIQ. Lack of athleticism may limit his minutes but not his usefulness.
Pitino proven that with NIL the 13 scholarship limit doesn’t limit how many players you can have on the team.

Reaction Score
IMHO number one criteria that has led to our success the last two years is basketball IQ. This year we have six with BBIA in spades. Wolf also seems to have a high BBIQ. Lack of athleticism may limit his minutes but not his usefulness.
Pitino proven that with NIL the 13 scholarship limit doesn’t limit how many players you can have on the team.
Someone mentioned it before, but he reminds me of Dan Cyrulik. I'd like to see more athletic bigs that can get up and down the court.

Reaction Score
Damnit now I have to actually scout Louisville games.

I wonder how many of these guys are just listing us for clout at this point.
Feels like Kugel. Highly doubt we’re actually recruiting him at this point, but a call from Tom Moore is worth some clout now.

Reaction Score
Feels like Kugel. Highly doubt we’re actually recruiting him at this point, but a call from Tom Moore is worth some clout now.
Yup. I'd worry about your health, @auror , if you had to subject yourself to watching a Kenny Payne team, but I don't think you have to worry about it.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Glad you mention Bball IQ...think it is the most under rated and under appreciated skill set of this collection of players...and you could see it at the beginning of last year with the addition of Karaban and Clingan!

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned it before, but he reminds me of Dan Cyrulik. I'd like to see more athletic bigs that can get up and down the court.
Wolf’s skill set is nothing like Dan Cyrulik’s. Dan couldn’t put the ball on the deck and attack the rim and he certainly didn’t have Wolf’s range. Wolf isn’t the most athletic guy, but he is light years ahead of Cyrulik.

Reaction Score
Yes we do. Losing Donavan, Castle, Newton and Spencer. We need some guys who are hungry, talented and experienced. They have to fit in to the culture as well.
This. If Hurley wants to continue to field a top ten team, this staff needs to strike while the iron is hot. Between UConn’s NIL resources and our recent levels of success, I expect the staff to be selective, but aggressive in the portal.

Reaction Score
If he lists returning back to his school as an option, then it seems he's mainly looking for the cash.

This seems like a stretch. He's giving everyone an opportunity to make a pitch about PT, role in the offense, etc. And probably NIL money too.

Y'all act like we don't have guys making bank on our team. We have one of the best NILs in the country guys.

Reaction Score
Heard he's following Dusty May to Michigan.
There are some rumors that some of the players weren’t thrilled playing second fiddle to Johnell Davis and the other two guys of their “big 3” may be looking elsewhere. We’ll see if that is actually true

Reaction Score
This is the wild west man. What on earth is Kam Jones leaving Marquette for?

Disgusted with his teammates for their no-show against NC State?

Edit: Lol I got April Fooled

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He'll probably be okay for somebody, seems like he was improving. But I'm just going to pass on anyone from Louisville for a couple years. No idea what sort of bad habits are ingrained in there.
Wouldn’t Luke be a good judge of that?

Reaction Score
I still can't unsee his performance vs. Princeton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom