UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Cam spent 2.5 years at Loyola MD and that dude Jenkins from SJU spent 2 years at Pacific. Diamonds in the rough. We've been very good at mining the portal so hopefully that good fortune continues.

Saw Georgetown in the video above post #13 which was a loss, 69-67, but Derkack led scorers with 22 pts, 7 rebounds. He kind of reminds me of Steve Pikiell and their freshman year stats were very similar. Unfortunately, Pikiell's freshman year stats were his best due to injury, but Derkack's stats like doubled his sophomore year.

Counterpoint: Cam shot 40% from 3 at Loyola on high volume and had a 2:1 A/TO. Not a great comparison.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint: Cam shot 40% from 3 at Loyola on high volume and had a 2:1 A/TO. Not a great comparison.
I wasn't comparing stats to Cam's, I was comparing programs. People are implying Merrimack is too far below UConn to bother with a transfer from there.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I wasn't comparing stats to Cam's, I was comparing programs. People are implying Merrimack is too far below UConn to bother with a transfer from there.
Too far below with those stats.

Reaction Score

Unless I have someone on ignore, I don't see that at all. I see people concerned about TOs and %s while even playing at a low level.

Reaction Score
Unless I have someone on ignore, I don't see that at all. I see people concerned about TOs and %s while even playing at a low level.
You must have someone on ignore. Both points are being made

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'd like Rob Dillingham from the portal, please. Calipari doesn't seem to know what to do with him.

This guy sucks. The GM that drafts him should be fired on the spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll just say, Hurley‘s staff does its homework. They already know which guys on which teams they think will fit what they want to do and will need. Don’t think they are tampering but I think they scout the hell out of guys who many go portal.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That’s harsh, he needs a real coach, the scoring talent is obvious.

The only thing that is obvious is that he is a prima donna that has been told he is the greatest his whole life and so he plays like an idiot. There is no fixing that at this point. Pick someone that isn't an idiot.

The last 10 years of terrible NBA lottery picks or players that take years and tens of millions to develop just goes to prove that drafting players on potential is equivalent to lighting draft picks and money on fire.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Explosive enough to light up a low major? I guess not.

Holy recency bias, Batman! Does Sheppard suck too?

These kids both had awesome seasons.

Dillingham was explosive enough to drop 35 on a great Tennessee team in 27 minutes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The only thing that is obvious is that he is a prima donna that has been told he is the greatest his whole life and so he plays like an idiot. There is no fixing that at this point. Pick someone that isn't an idiot.

The last 10 years of terrible NBA lottery picks or players that take years and tens of millions to develop just goes to prove that drafting players on potential is equivalent to lighting draft picks and money on fire.
Rob averaged 16 points on 50% FG, 44% 3PT, 61% TS, in the SEC. All of that as a freshman. He’s objectively good, even if he had a terrible game in the biggest moment of his career so far.

Calling someone a prima dona and an idiot for having questionable shot selection sometimes is also unfair. A better coach would’ve curtailed some of that, his nba coach will hopefully do so.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Holy recency bias, Batman! Does Sheppard suck too?

These kids both had awesome seasons.

Dillingham was explosive enough to drop 35 on a great Tennessee team in 27 minutes.

Kentucky is an OK team with some highly ranked freshman that is one of the worst defensive teams in a power conference and they got knocked out in the first round of the SEC and NCAA tournaments. This is not where I would look for future NBA stars, but to each their own.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Cal is overrated as a coach and has a lifetime contract at $9 million a year. Their fans will not put up with this much longer.

Those trashing players from lower D1 need to see what HC Hurley offers or not.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rob averaged 16 points on 50% FG, 44% 3PT, 61% TS, in the SEC. All of that as a freshman. He’s objectively good, even if he had a terrible game in the biggest moment of his career so far.

Calling someone a prima dona and an idiot for having questionable shot selection sometimes is also unfair. A better coach would’ve curtailed some of that, his nba coach will hopefully do so.

An NBA Coach was fired this season after going 30-13 in the first 43 games of his head coaching career. I am sure NBA coaches are really concerned about developing some selfish 19 year old over their own jobs. NBA coaches need to win, NOW.

This is why the NBA track record of young player development is so muddled, and why you are increasingly seeing them cut players loose sooner than later. Bouknight says "hello".

Reaction Score
There's a whole non-UConn NCAA tourney thread to discuss Kentucky's result.

This thread is (supposed to be) about UConn in the transfer portal.

Let Nelson argue with himself, just don't respond.

Reaction Score
The topic was Dillingham. Keep up or shut up.
The topic was...
Figured it was worth a thread to highlight guys with actual UConn interest. I'm sure it won't stay on topic long though

Tipton specifically says he's hearing UConn is a name to watch here

You're once again rambling and lecturing the board about how poorly NBA teams use their draft picks. Which has nothing to do with UConn's activity in the transfer portal. So just shut up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom