Men - UConn and the 2023 MLB Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn and the 2023 MLB Draft

Reaction Score
D1baseball.com has been keeping track of college players who have signed pro contracts as free agents following the recent MLB draft, so far no UConn players who were on the roster this past season have been posted on that website.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Did any of our signings get picked in the draft?

Reaction Score

Looks like Devin Kirby is the first UConn player to sign as a free agent after this year's draft. I would think UConn baseball would have mentioned other UConn players if they had signed as a free agent after the draft.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So is the Albino Rhino unsigned? I get he might be older, but he was a good player for us. A little surprised if that is the case.

Reaction Score
So is the Albino Rhino unsigned? I get he might be older, but he was a good player for us. A little surprised if that is the case.

I would think that if Ben Huber had signed as a free agent, UConn baseball would have mentioned it in a tweet or maybe even a press release. I'm wondering if the foot injury that he suffered late in this past season is part of the reason why he hasn't been signed as a free agent. After that injury, he wasn't quite the same player that he was before the injury.

Reaction Score
I would think that if Ben Huber had signed as a free agent, UConn baseball would have mentioned it in a tweet or maybe even a press release. I'm wondering if the foot injury that he suffered late in this past season is part of the reason why he hasn't been signed as a free agent. After that injury, he wasn't quite the same player that he was before the injury.
Freeberger is the one that has me scratching my head. Not many pitchers that can get it up to 95 that don't get a shot. Also a sub 2 pop time behind the plate with his bat to ball skills you'd think someone would give him a look there. Literally could play anywhere on the field. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
Freeberger is the one that has me scratching my head. Not many pitchers that can get it up to 95 that don't get a shot. Also a sub 2 pop time behind the plate with his bat to ball skills you'd think someone would give him a look there. Literally could play anywhere on the field. Doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, would have thought Freeberger would at least get a chance as a free agent. Would have to discount him as a pitcher, as he just didn't get much time on the mound this season. Have to think that being a year older as a grad transfer is not a big positive to the guys making the picks in the MLB draft. Also doesn't help that the draft is much shorter than it was before the pandemic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom