Uconn and Cinn think they will be in the ACC? | The Boneyard

Uconn and Cinn think they will be in the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
They are counting on other teams leaving the ACC.

Reaction Score
"At this point, both schools have to stay in the Big East, but sources at Cincinnati and UConn are under the impression, even if it's not known to be true yet, that the Big Ten will raid the ACC for two more schools -- North Carolina and Georgia Tech."

Based on past actions (the last three additions), my guess is the B1G will probably go after two schools other than those two.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Being in diminished ACC will be like being in the old big east and I'm fine with that. That's a million times better than where we are now with zero traditional rivals.

Also, don't forget that Delany is a UNC alumn. Of course he covets adding UNC to the B1G. If as a UConn alumn I ran a conference I would try to get UConn in (assuming it was an upgrade for them).

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for a link, cite source, anything, anything at all, any scrap of proof that UConn was "public about joining the ACC". Sometimes I feel like I just fell into a rabbit hole and landed on top of a dining table full of bloggers and journalists feasting on uconn truths.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
you left out the SEC taking UNC or NCState and VaTech.
I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC targeted a B12 school or two, GOR or not.

Tier 1: UT, OU, OSU
Tier 2: UNC, VT
Tier 3: WVU, NCst, UVA, FSU

UF is blocking FSU. UNC and UVA would look to the B1G before the SEC. If the B1G showed interest in Mizzou, I'd be curious to see if they'd jump ship after being openly rejected. The SEC wants a home run if they're going to add schools. I see the SEC home run as adding UT and OU. The LHN and GOR make those adds difficult.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Two ACC schools voted against the $50 million exit fee. Maryland was one, and they left. Florida State was the other.

There were published meetings between FSU and the Big 12, and it was thought for awhile that FSU and Louisville were Big 12 bound. I think the ACC took Louisville because when FSU does leave, they would rather have Louisville than Cincinnati. If the ACC took UConn now instead of Louisville, they would wind up with UConn and Cincy when FSU leaves rather than UConn and Louisville when FSU leaves. Taking Louisville also makes FSU slightly less likely to leave (or at least delays the process), as now the Big 12 needs to find a new partner to come over with them.

The question now becomes who will the Big 12 take with FSU? I don't think they really want Clemson.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reaction Score
It would suck if we were in a disheveled ACC (post B1G and B12 raids), but it's better than the Big Clusterf^ck. Sad.
Eh, it'd be like being in the Big East of 5 years ago. I'd be okay with it.

Reaction Score
I used to think this, but now almost think UNC and UVA to SEC could work. SEC would covet their academic statures and they could still keep hoops high and benefit from the fball.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC targeted a B12 school or two, GOR or not.

Tier 1: UT, OU, OSU
Tier 2: UNC, VT
Tier 3: WVU, NCst, UVA, FSU

UF is blocking FSU. UNC and UVA would look to the B1G before the SEC. If the B1G showed interest in Mizzou, I'd be curious to see if they'd jump ship after being openly rejected. The SEC wants a home run if they're going to add schools. I see the SEC home run as adding UT and OU. The LHN and GOR make those adds difficult.

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear from people who are experts in game theory. Because all these scenarios are not proceeding according to plan. Game theorists may have an explanation for all of this, because whatever strategy gives you a BC team in an apathetic Boston market is the wrong strategy.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for a link, cite source, anything, anything at all, any scrap of proof that UConn was "public about joining the ACC". Sometimes I feel like I just fell into a rabbit hole and landed on top of a dining table full of bloggers and journalists feasting on uconn truths.

Connecticut's governor confirmed on Monday that the University of Connecticut is interested in becoming part of the Atlantic Coast Conference should that league expand to 16 teams.
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, speaking to reporters outside his Capitol office, said he no longer expects the ACC to act quickly after adding Pittsburgh and Syracuse from the Big East earlier this month.
"I think there was expectancy built up initially that this was quickly going to be resolved," he said. "That's clearly not the case. The ACC has the first decision to make and that's whether they're going to stay at 14 teams or stay at 16. I know that there's one team, one school that they would like to get into the ACC that would guarantee them going to 16 teams and that's been speculated to be Notre Dame. I suspect that that's true. I don't know how likely that is to happen or not happen. Although, I tend to think it's not terribly likely."
Malloy said if Notre Dame isn't interested the ACC must decide if there is any compelling reason to expand again.
"Beyond that, then you fall back to the Big East," he said.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...or-acc-uconn-huskies-decision-not-likely-soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom