UConn and BCU talkin' | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn and BCU talkin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That could possibly be construed as a bizarre reply from some sort of paranoid poster. but my guess, you are ok, and are just yanking my chain here with that bit, ( haha! ) as I don't really believe that YOU really believe this.

Yes, I was yanking your chain a bit, and believe that there is at least an 80% chance that you're not an automaton. . .

Reaction Score
Please move this thread to UConn Hockey where it would have some meaning, otherwise it a waste of our time. Die Thread Die!!!

UConn celebrates after their first ever Hockey East game at the XL Center Wednesday night against Boston College Wednesday night which they won 1-0 on a first period goal by Evan Richardson.

Reaction Score
If Uconn got into the BIG... just say... why would BC feel any more urge to play Uconn football then ? I don't believe that such a scenario would alter the situation in any manner. And if Uconn did find itself in the BIG, Rutgers would become Uconn's annual football rivalry game, imo... not BC. And thus, Uconn football fans would have no more interest in what goes on at BC in that scenario it would seem to me.

I was being semi facetious, but lets be honest here, even if UConn gets into the B1G and is in the bottom half of the conference every year, that looks a heck a of a lot better on the SOS then say playing UMASS or NIU. Yes, Rutgers would be out annual in conference rival, but, in my opinion, BC could still be our biggest rival. And I'd much rather visit Boston every other year, then have to go to the slums known as New Jersey. Does this game offer anything immediately to BC? Probably not, but what if it develops into something like the Backyard Brawl or the Iron Bowl? That can't do anything, but make both schools lots of money.

Reaction Score
I was being semi facetious, but lets be honest here, even if UConn gets into the B1G and is in the bottom half of the conference every year, that looks a heck a of a lot better on the SOS then say playing UMASS or NIU. Yes, Rutgers would be out annual in conference rival, but, in my opinion, BC could still be our biggest rival. .

I don't know about this. If Uconn found its way into the BIG, and played Rutgers each and every year in-conference, its hard to see how a school Uconn hasn't played in football ( by then ) in a decade or more, would be considered its " football rival". My guess, if Uconn got into the BIG, it wouldn't matter at all to most Uconn football fans in that scenario what goes on at BC football. Having said this, if Uconn found itself someday in the ACC, I could see how this would change that dynamic of Uconn football fans interest in BC. But not if Uconn goes to the Big. But again, thats just my guess, and who really knows for sure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hear that Diaco already has a trophy picked out:
8351.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't know about this. If Uconn found its way into the BIG, and played Rutgers each and every year in-conference, its hard to see how a school Uconn hasn't played in football ( by then ) in a decade or more, would be considered its " football rival". My guess, if Uconn got into the BIG, it wouldn't matter at all to most Uconn football fans in that scenario what goes on at BC football. Having said this, if Uconn found itself someday in the ACC, I could see how this would change that dynamic of Uconn football fans interest in BC. But not if Uconn goes to the Big. But again, thats just my guess, and who really knows for sure.

No two schools start out as a rivalry, but kt develops over time. Addazio has BC going in a direction they haven't seen since Matt Ryan and I believe Diaco will get Uconn back on track as well. Have common recruiting grounds and only being two hours from each other can only add fuel to the fire. I'm not going to have visions of grandeur and think this will be a Michigan-Ohio State or Alabama - Auburn rivalry, but this can develop into a nice rivalry that will bring lots of money and eyes to new England football outside of the Patriots.

Reaction Score
I was being semi facetious, but lets be honest here, even if UConn gets into the B1G and is in the bottom half of the conference every year, that looks a heck a of a lot better on the SOS then say playing UMASS or NIU. Yes, Rutgers would be out annual in conference rival, but, in my opinion, BC could still be our biggest rival. And I'd much rather visit Boston every other year, then have to go to the slums known as New Jersey. Does this game offer anything immediately to BC? Probably not, but what if it develops into something like the Backyard Brawl or the Iron Bowl? That can't do anything, but make both schools lots of money.
Funny...I was born in Newark and spent many a summer on Prince Edward Island at my Uncles farm and traveling through NE the only place I saw slums was Boston?? Lol..perception?

Reaction Score
Yawkey and CCarl being kindred spirits tops this one off.

Yawkey sounds like a BC Fan with an appreciation for UCONN and also ties to UCONN. Although I would like to take BC out in any contest and I assume Yawkey would favor BC over UCONN, he appears to have a balanced outlook toward UCONN and more optimistic about the future of UCONN than a number of UCONN posters. He held up to the barrage of attacks. I just don't like piling on or the gang mentality.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yawkey sounds like a BC Fan with an appreciation for UCONN and also ties to UCONN. Although I would like to take BC out in any contest and I assume Yawkey would favor BC over UCONN, he appears to have a balanced outlook toward UCONN and more optimistic about the future of UCONN than a number of UCONN posters. He held up to the barrage of attacks. I just don't like piling on or the gang mentality.

He's a BC fan who is here to tell us why he thinks UConn sucks and is beneath BC.

Then he talks in incoherent circles while claiming to speak for the whole national BC fanbase - whatever that is.

The more someone keeps telling you how civil they are the less true it is.

Reaction Score
[This is because the majority of students at BC came in from outside of N.E. and when they graduate they take jobs outside of the N.E region. ]

this BC website shows the geographic dispersion of the BC student body for many years from 1976 - 2014, https://htmldbprod.bc.edu/prd/f?p=400:110:0::NO:::

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's a BC fan who is here to tell us why he thinks UConn sucks and is beneath BC.

Then he talks in incoherent circles while claiming to speak for the whole national BC fanbase - whatever that is.

The more someone keeps telling you how civil they are the less true it is.

You mean you think he has an agenda................?

Reaction Score
Healthy sane outlook unlike a few others...very good way to put it. We all need a fresh outside neutral view to get an honest look at things for better or worse.

Reaction Score
BC is in New England along with UCONN. Rutgers is not. Being the best in New England means something. Being the best along Long Island Sound???? Not so much.
I think we need a geography lesson. Rutgers and Long Island Sound?

Reaction Score
Funny...I was born in Newark and spent many a summer on Prince Edward Island at my Uncles farm and traveling through NE the only place I saw slums was Boston?? Lol..perception?
You might've been on thast Farm too long, and didn't get out much those summer. N.E. has its fair share of low income sections of communities throughout the N.E. region. Some of the poorest sections of N.E. are not even in the cities like Bridgeport, Fitchburg, Hartford, Boston... but in the rural N.E. towns. My guess you have not been to rural, interior, northern Maine, for just one example of what I am referring to. That said, what low income people and where they live has to do with this thread topic completely escapes me. Its got nothing to do with it, imo. Its also unseemly, imo, to belittle unfortunate people ( " slums " useage ) that regrettably have fallen on hard times. It says more about the person leveling that charge, than the unfortunate people that have fallen on hard times and live in these sections of N.E.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Thanks for the good words, Confident Carl. I knew that I would be the recipient of hostile, profanity laced, personal attacks when I came on here. I understand to some extent the hostility and resentment and this does makes it a bit easier to shrug off the personal animis generated towards me. But the overture, olive branch is accepted in the manner it was delivered from you.. so thanks, again.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Ignore those posters who are hostile, use profanity and personal attacks - those who drop to that level have already lost the discussion and you have won!

lastly - F&*^ BC!!!

Reaction Score
Ignore those posters who are hostile, use profanity and personal attacks - those who drop to that level have already lost the discussion and you have won!

lastly - F&*^ BC!!!
lol!

Reaction Score
You might've been on thast Farm too long, and didn't get out much those summer. N.E. has its fair share of low income sections of communities throughout the N.E. region. Some of the poorest sections of N.E. are not even in the cities like Bridgeport, Fitchburg, Hartford, Boston... but in the rural N.E. towns. My guess you have not been to rural, interior, northern Maine, for just one example of what I am referring to. That said, what low income people and where they live has to do with this thread topic completely escapes me. Its got nothing to do with it, imo. Its also unseemly, imo, to belittle unfortunate people ( " slums " useage ) that regrettably have fallen on hard times. It says more about the person leveling that charge, than the unfortunate people that have fallen on hard times and live in these sections of N.E.
Don't take it too seriously Yawkey...I didn't even include my birth place Newark which was WORSE around the time of the 67 riots when i was 15 and locked up in the Jamesburg State Home for boys as the lone white guy in my cottage..lol...between "55" and "66"and many times since every other summer we'd ride up to PEI and CBI,NS in the family car and Boston at the time seemed the only real blot possibly due to sheer size....I LOVE NE's bucolic atmosphere and pine smells and they stick with me even unto today ...Maine and WV are 2 of my favorite states. I think maybe I over responded due to a NJ slum mention by a UConn fan...its not intended to be taken as a knock or even seriously by anyone other than the respondant...relax..were good Yawkey...I appreciate your viewpoint.@"Yes I know WV isn't in NE" but i appreciate it anyways...the hills and smoky hollows....maybe its my Scottish highland roots on dads side? Anyway Boston is a fine town...sorry if you took offense where none was intended!!Btw...for some reason I still hate BC??

Reaction Score
I think he just meant NY/NJ is NOT New England Sky ball!?!
Nah you missed his other post. They were back to back.

Now there's a challenge for ya..."The Sound Challenge". UConn and Rutgers play for a trophy every other year. Winner keeps the trophy...loser drinks a gallon of the Sound. Why every other year? It might take that long for the loser to recover.

Reaction Score
Don't take it too seriously Yawkey...I didn't even include my birth place Newark

Before I went to College , I worked for my Uncle Sam for a bit, right outside of Newark, N.J at a community called Ft. Dix, N.J. My Uncle Sam sold the land several years back and the new owners built Condos there I believe.

Reaction Score
Yawkey Way said:
Before I went to College , I worked for my Uncle Sam for a bit, right outside of Newark, N.J at a community called Ft. Dix, N.J. My Uncle Sam sold the land several years back and the new owners built Condos there I believe.

There are no condos in or around Ft. Dix. Also the base is not right outside Newark. Much closer to Trenton.

Reaction Score
As far as us local's are concerned its "Ft Dix" the other side of the state!!
Yes.. I did mistake " Trenton " with " Newark " now that you mention it. I took the train out of South Station ( Boston ) and it went right to " Trenton " if I recall. It was a long time ago. I had just turned 19 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom