UConn and 2017 AAC Baseball Tournament (Schedule Change) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn and 2017 AAC Baseball Tournament (Schedule Change)

Reaction Score
Exactly, so why not put Bergmann in. I just feel like Penders is going to lose some of these kids. Gnesda, Moriarity and Lembrecht all have to be saying what the .....

Moriarty is @ second...

Reaction Score
Susi has gone into a nose dive at the end of the season 2 years in a row. I'm not sure if this is because he's tired from catching nearly every game or not.

It's a possibility, as he has been catching day games after night games during the weekend AAC games for the second half of the season.

Reaction Score
I understand Penders has been constant and overall a solid manager but this week he's looked less than stellar.

Reaction Score
What has happened to Dan? He was lights out for a while now he can't get anyone out.

Reaction Score
Why no Ronnie?
Well, he continually brings in guys who don't get the job done. I say what about a guy like Rivera? Put up good numbers when given opportunity, but for some reason is never given more chances. Yet here we get Rajkowski again who continually struggles.

Reaction Score
Well, he continually brings in guys who don't get the job done. I say what about a guy like Rivera? Put up good numbers when given opportunity, but for some reason is never given more chances. Yet here we get Rajkowski again who continually struggles.
Dan is opening his hips too early causing him to yank or sail a lot of pitches. It's quite easy to see on video. It makes you wonder what Coach MacDonald does for this team.

Reaction Score
What has happened to Dan? He was lights out for a while now he can't get anyone out.

Same thing with CJ Dandeneau. They both have had excellent stretches, followed by extended stretches where they have difficulty getting outs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn picks up 3 runs in the 9th, game over, tournament over for UConn. We'll see where the Huskies end up with the NCAA's on Monday.

Reaction Score
Exactly, so why not put Bergmann in. I just feel like Penders is going to lose some of these kids. Gnesda, Moriarity and Lembrecht all have to be saying what the .....

Bergmann pretty much didn't get any playing time at all, but he will be the backup catcher next season, so his playing time will increase unless another catcher comes into the program. Gnesda was a regular for most of the season before his bat went south late in the season. Moriarty got over 100 at bats which is a lot for a backup, and is probably the front runner to start at 2B next season. Lambrecht got 12 starts. Aside from Bergmann, these guys did get chances to play and show what they can do. I just don't see the problem you are suggesting.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom