UConn Alumni All-Star Game 8/12 (Mohegan Sun) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Alumni All-Star Game 8/12 (Mohegan Sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to the game last night and thought it was great. I was surprised at all the former men's stars who were there. The women were well represented too but of course many of them were in Rio. The game was mostly fun and a lot of showing off until about five minutes left when the competitiveness kicked in. After that no one wanted to lose. The game and the first OT ended in a tie and it was decided by a late shot by Taleik Brown. All in all a great night and a good cause.

Reaction Score
Glad so many took my advice and attended the game - the whole day was great - not over yet - heading to Shrine

How come you weren't on the 1s and 2s with your boy drummond last night

Reaction Score
Two guys who will never go out of their way for fans: Lamb and Drummond. Turned down multiple autograph and picture requests including a few kids. Felt bad for the little kids.
Lamb was the same way last time.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with you. What's so hard about taking pictures or signing autographs?

Exactly my point. Especially for the kids. Props to guys like Okafor, Boo, and Gibbs who didn't leave until they signed for everyone who wanted an autograph.

Reaction Score
Already had Lamb sign something and will never ask Drummond to sign anything. Least favorite husky ever.
At least this explains why you think Drummond was a horrible underachieving bust at UCONN. What a shock that you're unable to separate your personal feelings about him from his play on the court.

C

Chief00

I generally hear positive stories about Drummond from people behind the scenes when not out in public. I think he also is a good dude.

A UConn retired trainer, who did contract work at STM and has seen many of UConn's great athletes told me he thought he was a really nice kid - at the time he feared too nice. Like Coach, he likes Bigs to have a mean side.

Like another poster said there are often legitimate reasons guys cut things short.

The only bad thing I ever heard about Andre in Middletown is for whatever reason he doesn't go back to the middle school, Woodrow Wilson. I think I may know the reason but not speculating. He has gone back to his elementary school, and does stuff for the YMCA - sometimes he will buy people haircuts and stuff like that. He treats his mom well. And most importantly he listens to the Chief.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
His Mom, formerly a nurse at Middlesex Hospital, worked with a friend of mine. I heard wonderful things.
BTW, she is no longer nursing.

Reaction Score
It's selfish to assume these guys owe anyone anything.
You're right. They don't owe fans anything. It's just gheir character that will get trashed when they act like jerks to little kids, but hey, freedom.

Reaction Score
You're right. They don't owe fans anything. It's just gheir character that will get trashed when they act like jerks to little kids, but hey, freedom.

Also why I take all of the celebrity and athlete horror stories with a grain of salt, like anyone should. I had multiple interactions with the kid and the worst character trait I could use to describe him was that he was a little immature, which makes sense considering he was 18 when I met him. Otherwise he was a perfectly nice guy the handful of times I spoke with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom