UCONN AGGRESSIVELY PURSUING ACC MOVE!? | The Boneyard

UCONN AGGRESSIVELY PURSUING ACC MOVE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as this sucks (I'm still in shock), moving to the ACC is really the only move for us now. Let's hope they can pull it off.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Looks like ESPN is doing their part to complete the UConn to ACC end of the deal

Reaction Score
This is the only way K will ever set foot in Storrs, so there's that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
For once, UConn can't be portrayed as the bad guy. We don't have much of a choice other than to be "aggressively" talking to other conferences. The ACC seems to make sense.

RIP Big East, whether we end up in a good conference or not.

Reaction Score
I hope we take the bandaid off quickly. This whole process could get painful very fast.

Reaction Score
i wish they would rename the ACC.. Just call it something else

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
BIG ATLANTIC CONF. play the BACt in MSG and give the pin stripe bowl hook up to the comf as well.

Reaction Score
This is what we must do. Staying in what might be left of the BE will definitely hurt recruiting both for football and basketball. If they are talking about the age of our coach, for sure they would be talking to recruits about the fact that we play in an inferior conference that might not be in existence by the time you're finished. The big 10 or whatever their name is doesn't make much sense. It's primarily a football conference that we have no chance of winning or even making a bowl game in the near term. Basketball wise they are inferior to the ACC and our closes competitor would be Penn St. The ACC is a natural fit. We would have our to main rivalries and get to kick BC's butt again. I hope we get this settled soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
College conference realignment explained via analogy:

Reaction Score
We have do this its not even a choice. I hate that we have to leave the big east but we gotta do whats best for us, you can be loyal for only so long. At this point its kill or be killed.

Reaction Score
Yea this isnt really optional at all...I wish that the ACC were the ones pursuing UConn but at this point Herbst & Co. need to find a safe landing spot and soon.

Reaction Score
The ACC makes me sick....but it is our best option if the Big 10 is not open to expansion. The only good things that the ACC has that it didn't get from a Big East school is UNC and Duke basketball. If we join my first order of business would be firing and/or finding a replacement for Swofford. That guy is a snake and he can never be trusted, not even from schools that he is supposed to be representing and protecting. Make no mistake about it, he would replace any school, save the NC contingent, with Texas or any other school that added more value.

Reaction Score
The ACC makes me sick....but it is our best option if the Big 10 is not open to expansion. The only good things that the ACC has that it didn't get from a Big East school is UNC and Duke basketball. If we join my first order of business would be firing and/or finding a replacement for Swofford. That guy is a snake and he can never be trusted, not even from schools that he is supposed to be representing and protecting. Make no mistake about it, he would replace any school, save the NC contingent, with Texas or any other school that added more value.

He's an awesome Commish for the ACC. And if UConn is lucky enough to be in the ACC, that's what we want. I don't like the guy as a BE guy, but if you're an ACC fan, you have to love them. ACC country may not love UConn, but UNC and Duke fans have to be excited about the prospects of Syracuse and Pitt, and potentially UConn actually challenging their ability to win the title.

Reaction Score
i wish they would rename the ACC.. Just call it something else
I've got a great idea. Since almost all the ACC teams are from the east, and it's going to be a big conference, how about ... the Big East? And that formerly eastern conference that may pick up some great plains and southwest schools -- if they wind up with 8 or 12 teams, how about the Big Eight or the Big Twelve?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i think the hoops only schools will retain the Big East name. there are 8 of them. they can add other good hoops schools if they want.

caw

Reaction Score
Nova, Georgetown, Marquette, SJU, Providence, DePaul, ND (if they stay), and Seton Hall wouldn't be the worst conference. Try to add someone from the A10 and that's a decent league for basketball.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nova, Georgetown, Marquette, SJU, Providence, DePaul, ND (if they stay), and Seton Hall wouldn't be the worst conference. Try to add someone from the A10 and that's a decent league for basketball.
Plus just think about all the exit money they will be splitting - Providence might be able to complete a freeway project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom