UConn -6 | The Boneyard

UConn -6

Reaction Score
My first inclination was to whack it hard. Then I thought about Seton Hall....and Clingan. We have not won a true road game yet. Butler has beaten some decent teams, but no one great. Dropped their last 2 on the road. This might just be the right line. I'm going modest with this one. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Was surprised to see Butler is #63 in the latest NET. This would quality as a Q1 win with a victory.

Reaction Score
I think we win Butler covers. Hinkle is tough and they have been far better than expected despite a poor showing at the end of the St. Johns game

Reaction Score
I was guessing 6.5 based on the HeyAdrien scouting report. Their D isn't great and we should win the boards and make more 3s. Good guys cover.

Reaction Score
Our offense, especially is still adjusting to the loss of Clingan. It kind of revolved around him. Same with rebounding. Seton Hall and St John’s were places where it showed up. DePaul, alas doesn’t really tell you much of anything. I’d say though that UConn wins this handily. Butler is a modestly talented team. The only thing that concerns me a bit is Samson Johnson hitting a wall after going from playing 12/game to 30. He has played really well but I’ve seen it happen a few games in before. Hope not.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I watched a couple Butler games, this should be a W and I think we matchup well but they are not going to roll over either. Their OT loss recently was mainly due to missed fouling opportunity at the end of regulation.

Reaction Score
Our offense, especially is still adjusting to the loss of Clingan.
?????

he never smiles star trek GIF

Who let this guy back in the building anyway? Lol

Reaction Score
I said in the scouting report thread that we'll either win by double digits or it'll be a nailbiter. I don't feel strongly about -6.

I'd rather either bet Butler moneyline for the emotional hedge or try to tease the line up to UConn -9.5 and make a little extra.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This should be a pretty good test for our team without Clingan on the road. Didn’t bet last game and probably going to hold off here too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Deepster throws his 5-2 ATS record in the fray on this one. Our Heroes win by double digits on the road here.

When Saint James Calhoun comes to practice to rip the team for being soft against Seton Hall and St John's? You listen to the GOAT and shift your gears up. Easy win against a garbage DePaul team after not scoring the first 4 minutes. Bounceback for Newton. Bang this one hard.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Uh sure, ya. Lemon, ginger, tea, lots of water, raw garlic, gotta have raw garlic....more water, oranges, sleep. 1 week and you are back on your feet!
Don't forget the bourbon, cognac, absinthe, and other medicinal potions. I mean if you're off your feet, you may as well enjoy it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I tell ya, that’s always my first inclination in any scenario.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I said in the scouting report thread that we'll either win by double digits or it'll be a nailbiter. I don't feel strongly about -6.

I'd rather either bet Butler moneyline for the emotional hedge or try to tease the line up to UConn -9.5 and make a little extra.

This was your philosophy in the Zags game too. If anything, do an alternate line -2.5 or something then you can still root for them to win.

I’m never ever ever betting a money line vs. my team. That’s just me. Find out I’m putting money on the Dolphins to “ease the pain” of a loss?!?! Heck nooooo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom