UConn (-6) vs Purdue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (-6) vs Purdue

Reaction Score
Surprise surprise Parrish picked Purdue! Only person on MM broadcast that did

Reaction Score
Surprise surprise Parrish picked Purdue! Only person on MM broadcast that did
He's been saying he was going to stick with them as long as they were around for weeks. So, yeah, I don't know why anyone would be surprised.

Reaction Score
I think -6 is disrespectful to Purdue based on the season they have had.

That said, matchup wise, they rely so heavily on Edey and UConn happens to have Clingan.

If he can stay in the game he can at least match up with Edey 1 on 1 so the guards don't have to allow open 3 point shots.

Creighton was able to beat (crush) UConn partially because Kalk was able to outplay Clingan. But against Purdue, Clingan doesn't have to outplay Edey. All he has to do is stay in the game and limit the amount of doubles Edey draws.

Purdue doesn't have anybody else like Schierman who can really take over for stretches, so Edey is going to have to have a monster game, or put Clingan on the bench or Uconn doubles the post for no good reason.

Definitely could happen, but adv. Uconn

Reaction Score
DC needs to stay out of foul trouble like everyone is saying, but he also has to use his speed on both ends. Get down the floor and make Edey catch the ball out a few further than he likes and make him set up on the defense's left side of the floor. And then stay between him and the rim. Like everyone has said make Edey work for his numbers.
Go over the top of screens and Newton must be engaged from the start. Run offense and wear the other team out. Also, SJ needs to run the floor every time he can when he's in for DC and not let Edey post deep.

Reaction Score
70/30 Purdue probably. They have the most fans and think they'll get a bunch of neutrals
It’s unfortunate that many of the UConn tickets were sold on secondary market. Purdue fans all over the UConn sections.

That’s what you get when you give 8 tickets to the big donors. Of course they’re not going to use them all and of course they’re going to try to make money off of it.

Reaction Score
It’s unfortunate that many of the UConn tickets were sold on secondary market. Purdue fans all over the UConn sections.

That’s what you get when you give 8 tickets to the big donors. Of course they’re not going to use them all and of course they’re going to try to make money off of it.
weren't the top donors able to buy 12?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Kaufman-Renn will be a handful if he posts Karaban, who needs to play him without fouling. But he is an afterthought in their offense. Other than that I like all the other defensive matchups. Smith is quick and clever, but Shannon and Sears were quicker and stronger and both will be home watching. Clingan is the one player in the country who can bother Edey’s game inside with his size and long arms. But no early fouls. The refs seem to have gotten the message to let the boys be physical.

And we have plenty of offense, particularly if we are hitting 3’s. I see another double digit win coming, We will see.

Reaction Score
All of purdues success is predicated on assuming teams freak out about Edeys size... NC State really did not impress me yesterday with their talent level, they seemed to have like 1 or 2 guys capable of making plays, then obviously no size. This will have to be another defensive masterclass from Clingan, then I trust Newton/Castle/Karaban to carry the team home.

I can't wait to see the team run their plays and actions over and over to get Edey in compromising positions. Our guards can feast on his drop coverage I think. Expect to see some hard doubles on Edey too because he doesn't seem to have glue hands and can turn it over

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Do we see Cling fire an early three to try to draw Edey away from the paint on D? Otherwise he doesn’t move from under the basket where he never gets a foul called on him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have the size to guard all their players. They seem to play only one guy off the bench.

I'd put Castle on Smith and faceguard him. Don't help on Edey when Clingan is in.

Don't let, or at least disrupt, Purdue's entry passes into Edey. Edey is the entire Purdue team. If Edey has an off night or the refs call him for his fouls, it'll get interesting.

If the refs call a fair game or stay out of the way, this should be a great game.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Do we see Cling fire an early three to try to draw Edey away from the paint on D? Otherwise he doesn’t move from under the basket where he never gets a foul called on him.
Edey seems to play like Kalk does, never leaves the 4' out from the rim. It should leave the freethrow line and mid range open

Reaction Score
The man even riled up Mark Sears. His ball handing ability and aptness in sifting through defenses separates him from the rest.
They’re intimidated when he comes and rearranges his uniform and wipes the bottom of his sneakers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom