UCONN -5.5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN -5.5

Reaction Score
Clingan just needs to act big and not foul. Not a fan of Shedrick. Been watching him for years at Virginia and he doesn't like size. Any coherent defense and he doesn't know what to do. That was the best game of his life yesterday.
DC looked all out of sorts to us. Maybe too much pushing and shoving by the Hoosiers? They didn't get called unless it was a total mugging. Only got off three shots in 30 minutes.
SJ sure didn't look comfortable either. Only score was on the putback dunk. Four fouls in 12 minutes.
Both need more time. DC to fully recover his stamina and learn how to be "the guy" and SJ to get experience in a big game with a big crowd on a big stage.

Reaction Score
I'll bet 500 Quatloos on the Huskies!!

Attachments

• betting.jpg
    betting.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 30
Reaction Score
Karaban Newton and Ball all shot poorly yesterday from deep despite just about every shot they took being a solid open look that felt great watching live. Reversion to mean we win by 26 yesterday. They were 4-15 in total.

Makes me feel much better saying we cover the 5.5 and even keep the double digit OOC streak alive.
That was the most aggressive defense they've probably all ever seen, and IU got away with a lot of pushing and shoving that had to have affected their shots.

Reaction Score
Tell that to Vegas.
What in the world does the fact that Vegas will take money on anything where they can generate bets on both sides of a proposition have to do with what should be an expected variation of computer programs based on limited data?

Reaction Score
Until Castle gets back (maybe even after) we will struggle a bit with quicker backcourts that can apply ball pressure. Texas can do that, but they have a weak link there (Abmas). Exploit that, keep the front court out of foul trouble, and we should be fine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess I should have added this to my post ;)

My sarcasm apparently not thick enough (or is it too thick?)….
Nah, you just need some new material.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
That was the most aggressive defense they've probably all ever seen, and IU got away with a lot of pushing and shoving that had to have affected their shots.
Even though true I didn’t see a 3 any one of those three guys took that I didn’t think was a good shot (besides that mess at end of first half, not sure how they scored that debacle)

Reaction Score
I bet the cover yesterday and won big. I'm staying clear of tonight's game. Texas is legit Top-10 talented and it should be tight. I think it will be similar to UConn's Alabama win last year at a holiday tournament.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I guess I should have added this to my post ;)

My sarcasm apparently not thick enough (or is it too thick?)….

Nah. Those guys clearly don't have 848+ credit scores.

Reaction Score
What in the world does the fact that Vegas will take money on anything where they can generate bets on both sides of a proposition have to do with what should be an expected variation of computer programs based on limited data?
Because this is a thread about Vegas spreads and you have to use something. It's the best wrong thing to do at the moment.

Reaction Score

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I bet the cover yesterday and won big. I'm staying clear of tonight's game. Texas is legit Top-10 talented and it should be tight. I think it will be similar to UConn's Alabama win last year at a holiday tournament.
I agree it should be a tight match up. But then ,I never would have bet for Louisville to lose by 1. Honestly don't know what to make of a lot of teams right now.

Reaction Score
I think we roll by 15- watched Texas last night- was not impressed in the least- pretty ordinary to be honest. They will have a lot of trouble with our offensive motion & shooting amongst some other items like our length & size.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Texas is legit Top-10 talented and it should be tight. I think it will be similar to UConn's Alabama win last year at a holiday tournament.
Aren't these two thoughts mutually exclusive?

Reaction Score
Aren't these two thoughts mutually exclusive?
LoL. You're right. It was a great game. I forgot UConn pulled away late. I'm still not touching tomorrow night's game. If I was betting, I'd pick UConn minus the points.

Reaction Score
Tough line. Should be a good game. I’ll ride the streak of non-conference double digit wins here and factor in our familiarity with MSG as the swing and lay the 5.5.

Deepster 2023 ATS = 3-0
Congrats to all of those who followed the Deepster’s wise counsel. I am now 4-0 ATS on the season and directly patched into the heart of this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom